- Air conditioning
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Late Check-out
- Self-Catering Facilities
- 24 Hour Security
- Bicycle Parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Card Phones
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Fridge Freezer"
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board"
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meeting Room
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels Included
- Washing machine
- Wheelchair Friendly
The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel Policies & Conditions:
Cancellation policy: 72 hours before arrival.
Check in from 16:00 to 21:00 .
Check out before 11:00 .
There is a USD 10.00 per bed check in fee for any check in after 9pm and a USD 20.00 per bed check in fee for any check in after 11pm.
If you are arriving outside of that window, please let us know at least 24 hours in advance by phone or email.
Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards.
This property may pre-authorise your card before arrival.
Taxes not included - 17.25% city tax.
The front desk is manned from 8am-11am and 4pm-9pm.
Lock out from 00:00 until 00:00.
The maximum period of stay is of 14 days.
• Crash Pad staff members have the right to eject or refuse service to anyone who violates our policies or presents a danger to themselves, other guests, and/or the facility.
• Upon check-in, guests must provide a credit card and photo id showing residence outside Hamilton County.
• Please, no extended socializing in the bunk area.
• We charge $20 for each lost key and $5 each for each broken Super Bunk cubby lock, plus any damages to the lock cylinder.
• No food or drink is allowed in the sleeping quarters, with the exception of bottled water.
• We do not allow outside linens. Extra linens are provided free of charge.
• After 9pm, only checked-in guests are permitted inside the hostel.
• Checkout is at 11am.
• Alcohol is allowed; drunkenness is not.
• You must be 21+ to drink at The Crash pad. The staff reserves the right to ID anyone at anytime.
• We require all alcohol to be labeled with name and date. We will confiscate any unlabeled alcohol.
• Tampering with or taking another guest’s property, including food and alcohol stored in the shared kitchen, is grounds for ejection.
• Guests disturbing any other guests’ experience will be responsible for any complimentary night that we may have to extend to the disturbed guest(s).
• We will charge $50 for any additional cleanup required by our staff resulting from guest’s behavior. We will also assess any damage done and charge accordingly.
• All Crash Pad property is a drug-free environment.
• Smoking is prohibited inside The Crash Pad and within 25 feet of the building.
• Please help keep our property litter-free.
• Unsafe or inappropriate use of the fire pit, including but not limited to placing items in the fire pit, faces a base penalty of $250 plus the cost of any damages.
• Firearms and fireworks are prohibited on Crash Pad property.
• Guests age 16 and 17 may stay unaccompanied but must bring a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. Also, Crash Pad staff must have spoken or emailed directly with the parent or guardian prior to the guest's arrival.
• A parent or legal guardian must accompany and stay at the hostel with guests under 16.
• You must be over 4 feet tall and weigh 80 pounds to stay in a top bunk.
• No pets are allowed, with the exception of guide animals or reservations in the Hemingway Suite. We request that those with service animals stay in a private room.
• Maximum stay is 8 nights. Please inquire at the front desk if you’d like to stay longer.
• Free parking passes are provided upon check-in. There is a $5 replacement fee charged if the pass is not returned upon checkout.
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 16:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
- Taxes Not Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Chattanooga?
Standard 24 Bed Mixed Dorm
Standard 3 Bed PRIVATE Shared Bathroom
Deluxe Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom
Standard Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom
Deluxe 6 Bed Apartment Ensuite
About The Crash Pad: An Uncommon Hostel
We have a full kitchen and living room area designed to foster a communal spirit and encourage our guests to share their adventures and make new friends. reebies include Wi-Fi throughout and breakfast fare
After deciding the 100 year old house on site was beyond repair, we demolished it, but diverted 99% of its materials from going to the landfill. Bricks and wood from the old house were incorporated into the new building, which consists of a pre-cast concrete exterior and is topped with a green roof. A solar array above the entrance is tied into the city's power grid. We use gas-powered tankless water heaters, low-flow sinks, showers, and toilets, LED lighting, energy-efficient washers and dryers, and re-useable cloth hand towels.
We offer five types of accommodations to best suit your budget, travel preferences, and the size of your party:
a. Our most basic lodging is a Super Bunk. Each of our six Super Bunk areas feature four beds, making a total of 24 beds throughout the hostel. We use the term “bunk” lightly, as these handcrafted beds offer a sturdy and quiet wrap-around wooden enclosure with privacy curtains. Each bed also has a reading lamp and a fan, plus two extra outlets. There is ample, lockable storage space beneath each bed (Locker dimensions: 40″ deep, 36″ wide, 16″ tall). Please keep in mind that these bunk areas are co-ed! Give us a call or shoot us an email if you don’t feel comfortable with that and we’ll do our best to accommodate you!
b. We have five private rooms. Each of these features a handcrafted queen bed with built in nightstand, and a beautiful, unique concrete sink. All private rooms will be equipped with a reading lamp, a ceiling fan, and plenty of extra outlets.
c. Our Super Queen sleeps 3 comfortably. The same handcrafted queen bed sits beneath a vaulted bunk bed. The room comes with all of the amenities that you’d find in one of our private rooms, including your own private sink and a view of our beautiful pavilion.
d. The Chatt Room is perfect for the business traveler, or really just for anyone looking for space to stretch out. Comfort meets practicality with a queen sized pillow-top mattress, desk, couch, small dresser, and handcrafted sink. Whether you’re preparing for tomorrow’s presentation or tomorrow’s climb, the Chatt Room has ample space to work, chill, store gear, and crash.
e. Our newest addition, The Hemingway Suite, accommodates up to four. This 529 square foot suite rises over the revitalized Southside of Chattanooga and sister business, Flying Squirrel. The Hemingway Suite is the perfect balance of privacy and community experience that only The Crash Pad provides. Equipped with a Galley style kitchen, private bath, hangout lounge, queen sized sofa sleeper, and master bed, The Hemi is a boutique accommodation done The Crash Pad way.
1. The Southside has been revitalized with art, culture, cuisine, and entertainment and has come to define the city. With the 50+ businesses, including restaurants, bars, shops, and café’s, this once-desolate area is experiencing a second life.
2. Chattanooga has always been an outdoor enthusiasts playground. With 50+ trailheads within 30 minutes of the downtown, some of the best rock climbing in the world, and ample creeks and rivers, Chattanooga has something to offer for everyone!
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 3 days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the first nights cost of the reservation, unless otherwise stated in the property’s conditions. Deposits paid are non refundable.