- Air conditioning
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-Catering Facilities
- 24 Hour Reception
- Bar APM-96
- Bicycle Hire
- Bicycle Parking
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Common Room
- Free Internet Access
- Fridge Freezer"
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Key Card Access
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals available
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Towels Included
Native Hostel Austin Policies & Conditions:
Cancellation policy: 48 hours before arrival.
Check in from 15:00 to 23:00 .
Check out before 11:00 .
No options for late check out, but we will hold luggage same-day for later departures.
Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards. If cash is paid at check in, a credit card must still be presented to keep on file for incidentals. This property may pre-authorise your card before arrival. The full cost of the reservation is due at check in, along with a valid driver’s license or passport.
Taxes not included - 15.00% will be added (6% Texas State Hotel Occupancy Tax, 9% City of Austin Hotel Occupancy Tax).
Breakfast included, available from 8-10am.
24 hour reception.
No pets allowed.
Minimum age for overnight guests is 21. If traveling in a group, identification and a registration form will be required from each traveler at check in. No kids allowed overnight.
No smoking allowed, except in designated outdoor areas. Evidence of smoking (of any kind) inside will result in a $250 cleaning charge.
Quiet Hours are between 10pm and 8am. During these hours, no music, booze, or shenanigans in guest rooms or communal guest areas will be allowed. We want you to enjoy yourself, but please be respectful of other guests’ experiences at the Native.
14 days is the maximum length of stay. Requests for longer stays will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Damage to or Loss of Property
Guests are responsible for damage or loss they cause to the property. To avoid charges, please return your key card to the front desk and leave your blanket, towel, and washcloth on your bed before your departure. If your items are not found on your bed, charges to cover the cost of replacing the items (blanket: $52, towel: $12, key card:$3) may be incurred. All damaged property will be assessed and charged to parties responsible.
Parking in our lot is available for Native patrons and guests on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage biking, walking, and public transit for getting around. Public street parking is also available nearby. Please be mindful of residential, limited hours, and 'No Parking' signage.
Sheets, pillow, and blanket on a pre-made bed, as well as a towel and washcloth are provided to each guest. It is up to guests to make their bed each day, should they desire, and stays of longer than 3 nights will have their sheets and towels refreshed every fourth day. Any guest may trade their towel and washcloth in for fresh ones anytime, for a $3 fee. Daily housekeeping of rooms, bathrooms, and public space is provided.
Before you visit, there are a few things to point out:
- Be decent. Native is a safe and comfortable space for travelers and local Austinites alike. Please add to our culture of inclusion and decency.
- We take the safety of our guests and their belongings seriously. We will handle theft and illegal behaviors by calling the police and removing the offender from our property, without refund. If you see anything alarming, please alert our hostel staff immediately.
- No non-registered guests in guest-only areas. We offer lots of public space for meeting up with old friends & connecting to new ones – don’t bring any guests into keyed-access areas.
- Be clean. Please take appropriate care of your personal hygiene and physical space, as you will be sharing your experience at the Native with lots of other folks.
- No food or drink in bedrooms. There are plenty of public spaces for eating and drinking, as well as a kitchen for storing snacks while you aren’t enjoying them. Out of respect for your fellow travelers, and to keep pests at bay, please don’t eat or drink in your room. The communal refrigerator will be regularly cleaned out, so please label your items with name and check out date when you put them in the fridge.
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 15:00
- Age Restriction
- Credit Cards Accepted
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Taxes Not Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Austin?
Map and Directions
If coming from the airport, one of Austin’s local ridesharing options, Fare or Fasten, are cheap and easy options for getting to the Native. Download the apps at the airport and have a ride waiting for you after you pick up your bags. There are also regular taxis always available at the airport, if you prefer.
If you’d like to take public transit, Native is located along Austin’s MetroRail Red Line, halfway between the Downtown and Plaza Saltillo stops. Both are a short quarter mile walk from our property. The Airport Flyer (100) bus will drop you off just 4 blocks from Native. The 4, 17, 21, 22 Cap Metro bus routes have stops within a few blocks, as well, for inner city transit.