- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Board Games
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Common Room
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free city tour
- Fridge Freezer"
- Games Room
- Hair Dryers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board"
- Jobs Board
- Key Card Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Pool Table
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Towels for hire
- Vending Machines
- Washing machine
***BUILDING MAINTENANCE from 11/03/19 - One of our building which houses some of our private rooms will be having upgrade/maintenance works in the entry hall from 11/03/19. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.***
*Due to the historic nature of our buildings we do not have any elevators or disabled access.
* We are a fun and energetic hostel aimed at travellers and backpackers.
*Government issued photo ID (passport, national identity card, drivers licence) must be provided at check-in. Fail to do so will result in your booking being cancelled.
*No under 12's in our hostels or under 18's in our dormitories.
*All under 18's must be booked into a private room with an adult.
*Group bookings of more than 8 people must contact us directly to make a booking. Be aware that if you book online for a group, your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose the 12% deposit.
*We cannot guarantee that groups will be roomed together. This depends on availability.
*Check in time is 2pm.
*Check out time is strictly 10am, we do not offer a late check-out service.
*Double rooms have one large bed for 2 persons
*Twin rooms have either 2 single beds or a set of bunk beds
*Triple rooms have 1 double bed and 1 single bed
*Due to the large number of private rooms that we have we cannot guarantee that you will get one of the rooms pictured on this page. If you would like a particular room you have seen, please contact us directly
*We accept all major credit/debit cards excluding American Express. All card transactions incur a minimum charge of £0.50
* No-shows shall be charged the full amount of the reservation.
* There is a 10 GBP refundable key deposit for all guests.
SPECIAL EVENT BOOKINGS
* August / Rugby / Bank Holiday Weekends / Easter /Hogmanay etc.
* The hostel will charge your card the full amount one month before arrival.
* If you will be arriving in less than a month the charge will be made within 24hrs.
* Cancellations - Once you have paid in full, no refunds will be issued.
We accept all major credit/debit cards.
Card Charges for non-European Economic Area residents and Business/Corporate Accounts
Under £25.00 - £0.50
Over £25.00 - 3% of total
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
- Taxes Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Edinburgh?
Map and Directions
.From the Airport Shuttle Bus -
• Catch the "Airport Express Bus" Number 100, which will take you to Waverley Bridge. Turn left upon exiting the bus and walk 50 metres towards a small traffic circle (roundabout). Continue straight ahead up the winding street (this is Cockburn Street). The hostel is situated on the left hand side next to the Southern Cross Café/Bar, about 100 metres up the street. Approximately 2 minute walk.
From Waverley Train Station -
• Exit the station via Waverley Bridge and turn left. Continue along this street for 50 metres until you reach a small traffic circle (roundabout). When you get there, follow directions as for the airport shuttle bus. Approximately 3 minute walk.
From St. Andrews Square (Bus drop-off) -
• Upon exiting the station turn left down towards Princes Street. Cross this street and turn right. Turn first left onto Waverley Bridge. Walk to the end of Waverley Bridge until you reach the Traffic circle (roundabout). When you get there, follow directions as for the Airport Shuttle bus. Approximately 7-10 minute walk.