- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Hair Dryers
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Reading Light
- Reception (limited hours)
- Towels for hire
1. We require full payment upon check in. Credit card details are required to confirm a booking.
2. All prices quoted are per person, per night, unless otherwise stated.
3. Double and twin rooms sleep two people, but may be booked for one person only. In this circumstance the room rate will apply.
4. Prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars, are subject to change without notice, and all persons are obliged to pay the overnight price current at the time of reservation.
5. Haka Lodge, its employees and contractors accept no responsibility for personal accidents, injury suffered or loss or damage to personal property while on hostel property. Travel Insurance is recommended.
6. The minimum age of guests is 18 years old but the Hostel Managers may accept bookings for under 18’s at their discretion.
7. Haka Lodge, Haka Lodge Managers and staff retain the right to refuse accommodation at any time.
8. Should your plans change, please contact the hostel directly as soon as possible.
9. Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure you are accommodated in the same room throughout your stay, due to limited availability at time of booking, it may be necessary for you to change rooms. If applicable, you will be advised of this at check-in. You will be accommodated in a room of similar or higher standard to that originally booked.
10. Due to limited availability at time of booking, multi-share accommodation for two or more guests may be provided in separate rooms. Every endeavour will be made to ensure this does not occur, but should this be necessary you will be advised at check-in.
11. Bookings made through a third-party booking site are subject to that site’s terms and conditions. Please be aware these may differ from ours.
12. During special events, or for the duration of a special offer, different terms & conditions may apply.
13. Haka Lodge Group are not responsible for any loss or damage to property during your stay with us. If you feel something of yours has been stolen, please report it to reception and we will take you through the necessary steps to report this to the authorities.
14. If you are caught using or stealing any other guest’s property and/or food, you will be asked immediately to leave the premises and charges may be laid against you.
15. All non-guest visitors to Haka Lodges must make themselves known and sign-in at reception on arrival.
16. Non-guest visitors are NOT allowed on Haka Lodge premises between 8 PM - 8 AM. Non-guests found on the premises between these times will be served with a Trespassing Notice and reported to the authorities where appropriate.
1. Check in time is 14:00. If you arrive early, we offer free luggage storage until your room is ready.
2. Check out time is 10:00. If you fail to check out on time, you will be charged a $50 (or 50% of a night's stay, whichever is greater) late check out fee to the credit card you checked in with.
3. Valid ID will be required at check in. Passports, driving licenses or government issues ID will be accepted.
4. Any voucher given when booking pre-paid accommodation (from i-Site etc) must be presented at check in. Full payment will be required if you do not have a voucher.
1. Amendments to the date of arrival cannot be made on the day of arrival and will be treated as a same day cancellation. This is regardless of the time of booking.
1. If you do not advise the hostel you are cancelling, your card will be charged for the first night of your stay.
1. For cancellations notified more that 48 hours before check-in time on the scheduled date of arrival – no charge.
2. For cancellations within 48 hours – we will take payment for the first night of your stay.
3. For customers who fail to show for their booking – we will take payment for the first night of your stay and cancel the remainder of your booking.
4. If you have booked through a third party site and wish to cancel, you must do so through that third party site. We cannot cancel third party bookings.
1. If the number of people in one room exceeds the number of beds paid for, Haka Lodge reserve the right to request payment for the extra guests and a trespass notice may be issued for everyone involved. In this case, no refund will be given.
2. Any damages to the room or Haka Lodge property will be charged to the credit card given on check in.
3. We accept moderate, social alcohol consumption on Haka Lodge premises, but management reserve the right to ask overtly intoxicated guests to leave the premises and refuse them future accommodation where deemed appropriate.
4. Alcohol may only be consumed in communal living areas, such as the lounge, kitchen or outdoor deck area.
5. Drugs are not permitted on Haka Lodge premises.
6. Guests who set the fire alarm off with excess use of aerosol, use of matches or smoking cigarettes, will be charged the full fire service call out fee of $1500.
7. Smoking is not permitted on the premises. Any customer found smoking on the premises will be evicted and no refund will be given.
8. Guests causing a disturbance during the hours of 10:30 PM and 9 AM will be given a warning. If the disruption continues, guests will be charged a $30 disturbance fee. This does not apply for genuine emergencies.
9. Violations of any of the above policies will result in immediate eviction with no refund.
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
- Taxes Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Auckland?
Deluxe 4 Bed Mixed Dorm
Deluxe 6 Bed Mixed Dorm
Deluxe 6 Bed Female Dorm
Superior 4 Bed Apartment Ensuite
Standard Double Bed Private Shared Bathroom
Basic Twin Private Shared Bathroom
About Haka Lodge Ponsonby
Located in Auckland’s trendiest neighbourhood, Haka Lodge Ponsonby is our most recent addition to our awesome Lodge brand. Vintage charm complete with chandeliers, a large garden and both indoor and outdoor seating areas, guests can enjoy free unlimited Wi-Fi whilst hanging out in any of our multiple communal living spaces.
All dorm rooms have our unique, infamous custom-made wooden bunk beds complete with hotel-quality mattress, and our private rooms have flat-screen TVs. Linen is provided in all rooms and there is a guest laundry facility on site. Our friendly team can help with booking activities and transport to Auckland’s most popular destinations.
Great rooms for everyone.
Shared dorm rooms and private rooms with Fluffy towels.
Premium backpacker dorm rooms for those travelling on a budget, and a mixture of en-suite private rooms for travellers and groups who enjoy their own space. All accommodation has linen provided.
Ponsonby has an awesome social scene with an abundance of boutique shops, restaurant, bars and cafes. We are within walking distance to Auckland City Centre, the Sky Tower, Auckland Harbour and all local amenities, and public transport is available close by.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the first nights cost of the reservation, unless otherwise stated in the property’s conditions. Deposits paid are non refundable.