- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-Catering Facilities
- 24 Hour Reception
- Bicycle Hire
- Book Exchange
- Common Room
- Currency Exchange
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Hot Showers
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Reading Light
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels for hire
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 13:00
- Age Restriction
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Taxes Not Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Rishikesh?
Deluxe 6 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite
Deluxe 10 Bed Mixed Dorm Ensuite
About Shiv Shakti Hostel
Why stay with us?
We have a central location with a stunning rooftop hangout and an incredible view of the Ganga. We have dinner parties every Thursday and an array of activities offered throughout the week. There is fresh chai available all hours of the day. You'll be greeted by our friendly dog, Blacky and we are always available to make your stay more enjoyable and to offer advice on the best places around town.
Shiv Shakti Hostel was dreamt up two years ago when we recognized the need for a backpackers hostel in Rishikesh. We have been continuously innovating and can safely say we were the first hostel in Rishikesh to offer free wifi, the first to offer dorm rooms and the first with usb chargers.
We have 3 great common areas where our guests can hang out and meet other travelers:
-A rooftop lounge where guests can play cards or chat while enjoying a view of the Ganga.
-A rooftop yoga area where nightly yoga classes are held. The area also has chairs and cots for a perfect reading spot.
-A fun front desk lobby area that is always full of life from the hostel guests and staff to visitors from outside the hostel looking to enjoy some of the treks or adventures offered by us.
We have 8 private rooms and 3 dorms. All have access to free wifi, plenty of power outlets, usb chargers, lockers, and bed linens.
Sunrise Trek – An amazing tour with our english speaking guides where guests will enjoy an incredible view of the sunrise. Breakfast is provided on the trek.
Thursday Dinners – Every Thursday we have a family meal as a hostel. It's a great time to meet other travelers from the guesthouse and feel a part of our family.
Evening Yoga – Yoga is offered on our rooftop six nights a week where our guests will be challenged physically and mentally.. It's offered on a donation basis.
This is not a corporate chain hostel. We are an intimate, down-to-earth group of mates who love traveling and socializing. Come be a part of it!
Property Policy and Conditions:
# Our policies are getting on your nerves? Shanti! Shanti!
Guest Check-In (or Sneak-in)
• Check in timing from 13:00 p.m. to 01:00 p.m and Check out timing from 10:00 a.m.
• Please flash when sneaking-in to our place!
• Foreigners must flash their valid passports during sneak-in at our cool front office!
• Indian citizens must flash any of these: Aadhar card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID card.
• Hello Fellow Indians! Please hide your PAN Card at our front office!
• Attention residents of Rishikesh! Please sneak back into your own home; or freeload with a friend or relative!
• How wonderful if you can bore us to death by staying longer – but please check for availability of floors, rooms, beds and baths.
Sneak-In / Sneak-Out Timings
• You can sneak-in at 13.00 hours.
• And sneak-out right before 10.00 hours.
• We change the timings only during earthquakes! Just kidding!
• You can sneak-in early – if there are rooms; and if we like you!
• You can sneak-out late – if the next guest got lost, arrives late, the room is available; and if we like you!
• Hanging out at our cool and friendly foyer or roof-top is ok – while waiting to sneak-in, or sneak-out. But no funny business please!
• We do not refund, period! Ka-Ching! Ka-Ching! Ka-Ching!
• No show? We charge in full! Ka-Ching!
• Please make full payment 48 hours before your confirmed sneak-in time to avoid auto-cancellation. Ka-Ching!
• So you wish to cancel? That must be done at least 72 hours before your confirmed sneak-in time. Otherwise… Ka-Ching!
• We will grab your cash, credit cards (+ 3% charges) and e-transfers. Ka-Ching!
Our Guest Profile
• We simply love back-packers, young adults, older adults, young couples, older couples, very few senior citizens, prowling wolves, idealists and romantics!
• Our guests may be quiet, loud, quirky at times, very decent at times, free thinkers, religious at times and love that wear skimpy attire (just kidding!).
• So kids, pets and parents – no entry! Sorry about that! Gulp!
• Large group? Let us decide if you can crash with us!
• Groups of 6 and more – we are shit scared of you! Our place turns from cool to the forbidden-city!
• Groups of 4 and above! We will send you packing to different dormitories.
• Let’s say a group decides to be outrageous! Like? You know! Doing that group thing! Out they go!
• Wanna pop a pill, smoke pot and go to Nirvana? No way – out!
• Wanna flash at will? Get too cuddly with your mate in the open? And turning other guests into voyeurs! No way – out!
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the first nights cost of the reservation, unless otherwise stated in the property’s conditions. Deposits paid are non refundable.