- Free Wi-Fi
- 24 Hour Reception
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Card Phones
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Cots available
- Free Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Not Included
1. Cancellation policy: At least before 14:00 on the day of arrival or you will be charged the total amount of the reservation.
2. Check in from 12:00 to 16:00.
3. Check out before 11:00.
4. Payment upon arrival only by CASH.
5. Reception working hours 9:00 - 16:00.
6. Guests in dormitory beds can deposit their valuables to the front desk for safe keeping.
7. Clean sheets are provided every 2 days.
8. Laundry services available at extra cost.
9. Free Wi-Fi in our common room that is used as a co-working space by guests.
10. Toiletries available at extra cost.
11. Indian breakfast available at extra cost.
12. English newspaper available.
13. Bottled drinking water available at extra cost.
14. Bath towels/napkins not provided.
15. Blankets available at extra cost.
16. Tea/coffee available at extra cost.
17. Hot water for bath available at extra cost.
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 12:00
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Taxes Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Mumbai?
Basic 10 Bed Male Dorm
Basic 10 Bed Female Dorm
Basic Single Private Shared Bathroom
Basic Twin Private Shared Bathroom
Basic 4 Bed Family Room Ensuite
About New Vasantashram boarding and lodging house
New Vasantashram is a budget-category hotel in the heart of the bustling Crawford market. Founded in January 1947, it has completed 70 years of continued hospitality services. Its affordability, style and strategic location makes it the right choice for businessmen, students and tourists.
It's rare to come across a spot with people from such a diverse economic & social background. We consider this to be something unique to the hotel.
Mumbai is a city with a pulse and tourists at our hotel are right in the heart of Mumbai, where the old and the new converge. From Fort to the temples and bazaars, there’s a lot to be explored.
Easily accessible from all major locations, the hotel is the perfect destination who desires to experience the energy of Mumbai.
Marine Drive (Approx. 4km) and Gateway of India, (Approx. 4km), both are close to New Vasantashram. Tourists can visit the Elephanta Caves by taking a ferry boat from the Gateway of India.
Other interesting destinations are Bandra Worli Sea Link, Haji AliDargah and Nehru Planetarium. Distance from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport: 21 km (approx.) Distance from Mumbai CST Railway Station: 1 km (approx.) Distance from Mumbai Central Railway Station: 4 km (approx.)
We have a mix of big and small dormitories, single & double rooms.
Single (1 bed) and double rooms (2 beds) are fitted with shiplights and old teak bed(s) fitted with kurlon mattresses. Rooms also come with a table and tribal art paintings on the wall. These do not have attached bathrooms.
Dormitories of 10 beds are fitted with cotton mattresses. The room comes with a side table and space-saving hangers. These have an attached bathroom.
Dormitories of 4 & 6 beds are also fitted with cotton mattresses, have side-table and space-saving hangers. These do not have attached bathrooms.
We have a 10-bed dormitory exclusively for female guests.
All guests share Indian bathrooms and toilets. These facilities are washed daily and are extremely clean.
Our big dormitory of 10 beds have a bathroom attached.
Crawford Market (0.2 km)
Sir J. J. College of Architecture (0.3 km)
Wadi Bandar (0.4 km)
St Xaviers College (0.5 km)
Mumbadevi Temple (0.6 km)
Popular landmarks nearby:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station (0.7 km)
Gateway of India (2.8 km)
Hanging Gardens (3.1 km)
Colaba Causeway (3.4 km)
Nehru Science Centre (5.1 km)
Chor Bazaar (1.5 km)
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Mumbai Airport (21 km)