- Air conditioning
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-Catering Facilities
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Airport Transfers
- Bar APM-96
- Bicycle Parking
- Board Games
- Ceiling fan
- Common Room
- Free Internet Access
- Free Parking
- Fridge Freezer"
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Internet Access
- Iron / Ironing Board"
- Laundry Facilities
- Linen Included
- Luggage Storage
- Meals available
- Outdoor Terrace
- Reading Light
- Shuttle Bus
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels Included
- Washing machine
1. Check in for new arrivals is from 3:00pm. We're flexible about check-in, because we know public transport timetables can sometimes mean guests arrive early. So let us know if you think you'll be early and if your bed is ready for you, you can check in. But if it's not ready, you're welcome to come in and freshen up until the bed is ready.
2. Check out is at 12 noon. Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, by 12pm. At this time, all possessions must be removed from the dorm/room. Late check out is also available for a small charge.If you need to store your luggage on the day of your departure please arrange it with reception.
3. We require to see some form of valid photo ID when you check in - preferably a passport, I.D. card or driving license.
4. At check-in guests will receive a room key for access to their room, as well as a front door key for access to the main building after 11pm. If you lose either of your keys, we charge you for a replacement.
5. We will do our best to put friends together in the same room, but we cannot promise it. Book a private room if you want to guarantee you'll be together.
5. Only guests of the hostel may enter dorms or bedrooms.
6. Guests will be expected to reimburse Agoo Hostel for any damage caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
7. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside either of the Agoo Hostel buildings or on the bedroom balconies, but guests may smoke outside or on the back balcony.
8. Drug use is illegal in Ghana. Any guest found using drugs within the premises will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund.
9. Alcohol consumption is only allowed for guests over the age of 18
10. Stays of up to 1 calendar month, at least 50% payment upon arrival; balance on checking out.
11. Stays of more than 1 calendar month, at least 2 week’s payment upon arrival, balance to end of calendar month paid on last day of calendar month, and thereafter fortnightly, with any outstanding balance paid on checking out.
12. All invoicing by Agoo Hostel is done in Ghana cedis, but we accept payment in Ghana cedis and US dollars.
13. We convert USD prices to GHS at the mid-price average rate published on Oanda.com on the date of invoice and payment.
14. You may also pay in Euros and Sterling, but we will convert the USD price into GHS as above, then convert GHS into Euros or Sterling as appropriate at 3% over the mid-price average rate published on Oanda.com on the date of payment.
Check-in / Check-out
Earliest check-in: 15:00
- Age Restriction
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- No Curfew
- Non Smoking
- Taxes Included
Group of 15 or more traveling to Accra?
Standard 6 Bed Female Dorm
Standard 6 Bed Male Dorm
Standard Twin Private Shared Bathroom
Standard Twin Private Shared Bathroom
Standard 3 Bed PRIVATE Shared Bathroom
About Agoo Hostel
Award-winning Agoo is located in the heart of Accra, with close and easy access to the city’s tourist sites, shopping, markets, nightlife, and other amenities.
With 21 beds in total, we offer a range of colorful accommodation: attractive and spacious dormitories, which are perfect for the budget traveler and cozy, relaxing private bedrooms for holiday or business tourists. Shared bathrooms with hot showers are located around the accommodation for guest use. Each of our rooms comes with air conditioning, fresh linen (including a top sheet and towels), lockers and ceiling fans (in the dormitories).
Agoo’s breakfast will set you up for the day and is included with every booking. We serve fresh, seasonal, tropical fruit salad, eggs together with home-baked bread and pastries every morning. Our Ghana-grown coffee is freshly ground and sourced locally. Delicious home cooked food is prepared by our wonderful chef with her menu available from lunchtime into the evening. For guests who would like to prepare their own food, we offer access to our well-equipped kitchen!
We have large communal areas that make great places to chill and meet other guests and travelers. For global nomads, you can continue to work - enjoy Wi-Fi access throughout the hostel, and use our printing and scanning facilities. If all else fails, just kick back and enjoy our tranquil, tropical garden from our bar area or summer-hut balcony space.
Agoo staff members are welcoming and friendly. They love to help you out with any arrangements or information that you need. We offer tours both around Accra and further afield.
We are situated just off Central Ring Road where guests can take local buses (trotros) and taxis. The central station, Nkrumah Circle is only 10 minutes away with access to every part of the city and country. The airport is about 6km distance from Agoo and we are also a short ride from popular Osu/Oxford Street, where you can find the best nightlife and shopping in Accra.
The property itself is very secure. We are based a stone’s throw from the President’s house with a police patrol in the area. There is also night security on the property.
Guests have described us as a home away from home in Accra. Agoo looks forward to welcoming individuals, friends, families, and groups to enjoy its hospitality.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
24hr security- a stone throw from the presidents' house
Not wheelchair accessible
Sheets and towels provided
All rooms include fans, mosquito netting
All rooms have AC.
Centrally located, easy access to routes in, out and around Accra.
Walk-able to markets - short distance to shops, restaurants, and pubs.
Breakfast included - Dinner and lunch available at a charge.
Agoo Hostel is centrally located with easy access to all over Accra - 6km from Kotoka Airport, 6 km to Independence Square, Accra Sports Stadium, the Arts Centre and Makola Market and 3 km to Danquah Circle and the shops, restaurants and bars of Oxford Street.
The immediate neighborhood is friendly and welcoming. In the evening guests sit on the roof top balcony and watch the sun set over Accra.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 1 day before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the first nights cost of the reservation, unless otherwise stated in the property’s conditions. Deposits paid are non refundable.