Website feedback

Discovery Hostel Hostel

Rua Benjamin Constant 26, Glória, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

98% Overall Rating 19 out of 19 customers would recommend this property based on 19 reviews

Atmosphere 98%

Cleanliness 95%

Facilities 95%

Location 98%

Safety 100%

Staff 99%

Value 98%

See all reviews

Facilities

  • Air conditioning
  • Free Breakfast
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Lockers
  • Self-Catering Facilities
  • 24 Hour Reception
  • 24 Hour Security
  • ATM
  • Adaptors
  • Airport Transfers
  • BBQ
  • Bar APM-96
  • Bicycle Parking
  • Board Games
  • Book Exchange
  • Cable TV
  • Cafe
  • Ceiling fan
  • Common Room
  • Currency Exchange
  • Free City Maps
  • Free Internet Access
  • Hair Dryers
  • Hair Dryers For Hire
  • Hot Showers
  • Housekeeping
  • Internet Access
  • Laundry Facilities
  • Linen Included
  • Luggage Storage
  • Outdoor Terrace
  • Reading Light
  • Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
  • Tours/Travel Desk
  • Towels for hire
  • Vending Machines
  • Washing machine
  • WiFi

Important Information

Special conditions for New Years Eve and Carnaval
*Please note that once you have paid the 15% deposit through Hostelworld for our New Year or Carnaval packages.
Please note that a payment of the 50% of the balance due will be required in order to confirm the booking.
The property will contact you once you have made your original reservation with further information.
Bookings without the full 65% deposit up front will not be honoured. Deposits are non refundable. The remaining 35% is to be paid at check in. Extra nights will be charged at normal rates. The dates of the package are flexible however, the full min stay nights is obligatory. If you need to make changes after the booking please contact the property immediately.

Check-in / Check-out

Earliest check-in: 00:00

Latest Check-out: 11:00

Policies

  • Taxes Included

Group booking?

Group of 15 or more traveling to Rio de Janeiro?

Contact us directly

Map and Directions

Directions

Rio de Janeiro - Galeao International Antonio Carlos Jobim (GIG)

BY BUS - Buses depart from the lower/arrivals floor of both terminals every 20 minutes. The name of the company is REAL and its a blue bus. The bus going to Gloria is the number 2018 and will have Aeroporto Internacional do RJ / Alvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul) written on it.

Buses run from 05:30 to 23:35, cost R$12 (US$6) and take about an hour to get to the area where the hostel is located.

The bus goes all the way from Galeao (GIG) through the city center and makes a stop at Santos Dumont Airport (SDU). Right after leaving the domestic airport, let the driver know that you are getting off in front of Gloria Metro Station and from there its just a 5 minutes walk to Discovery Hostel.

BY TAXI - Pre-paid taxis operate from this airport. Vouchers can be bought from a booth in the arrivals area or from the desk before you exit Customs.

Generally, those taxis are more expensive than the yellow taxis outside. There's a fixed price of R$100 to most places in Zona Sul.

Rio de Janeiro - Santos Dumont (SDU)

BY BUS - Buses depart from outside the arrivals building every 30 minutes. The name of the company is REAL and it's a blue bus. The bus going to Gloria is the number 2018 and will have Alvorada (Via Orla da Zona Sul) written on it.

Buses run between 05:30 and 22:30 and cost R$6 - R$ 12 (U$D 3-6).

Tell the bus driver that you are getting off at Gloria Metro Station and from there its a 5 minutes walk to Discovery hostel.

Public Bus 497- Runs from Santos Dumont Airport (SDU) to Catete, Flamengo & Laranjeiras. It's less than a 5-minute ride from the airport, so pay attention and let the bus driver know that you are getting off at Gloria Metro Station.

Get off at Avenida Augusto Severo (at the very end of Parque do Paris located on your left), cross the street and walk up to Rua da Gloria until you get to the metro station. Rua Benjamin Constant (our street) is right next to it and Discovery Hostel is located on the number 26.

BY TAXI - Taxis wait outside the arrivals building.

Transcootour have a desk at the arrivals exit and offers fixed price taxis. Generally, those taxis are more expensive than the yellow common taxis outside.

To Gloria should cost around R$ 15 (U$D 7) and takes less than 10 minutes.

Check Availability