Autumn is setting in in the Northern hemisphere and we’re looking forward to blustery days, Halloween, bonfire nights and the start of the winter markets. Down south it’s time to whip out the bikinis and crack out the ice cream..
Wonder what it’s like in Peru for our…
Bloggers of the month
Victoria and Steve from bridgesandballoons.com.
Not only are they living the life I want to lead, they’re also recording it all in beautiful photography and crrefully crafted words. I was originally attracted to the travel blog a few months ago thanks to the slick design, but on further analysis I realised they also have some great stories to tell and I love Victoria’s thought-filled insights into whether the life path she’s choosing is right. It is, for the record. They’re currently travelling around South America.
5 reasons why we love them…
1. Absolutely incredible photography… Poreto Moreno Glacier and a Dash of Whiskey
2. Victoria and Steve get up to some crazy stuff… When Fears Become Fun: Sandboarding in Death Valley and When You’re Done With the City, go Hunt for UFOs
3. I love their insights into local life… Why Are So Many Argentines in Therapy?
4. They’re travel blogging newbs, but they’re making big waves on the busy scene, and just look how cute they are together… Six Month Update
5. They know the importance of indulging in the local cuisine… Is Argentina the Sweetest Country on Earth
September’s best articles
USA: Las Vegas has had some great promo this past month, in the shape of a certain Prince’s crown jewels, but the city’s not just about wet n wild pool parties, gambling your life away and naked encounters. Victoria from pommietravels.com has managed to track down the Best Sushi on the Las Vegas Strip.
PORTUGAL: Jai from savoirthere.com has done all potential Portugal goers a favour with How to Eat and Drink Your Way Around Portugal. She’s tracked down the best places to eat in Lisbon, The Alentejo and Porto and highlighted a few of the must eats as you go. Tough job Jai, nice work.
VIETNAM: Halong Bay – Where Ground Rises Sky High is an amazing account by Jarmo from arcticnomad.com of his boat trip around the caves. He’s also got some great tips for making the most of your Ha Long Bay cruise too.
What about us?
If you’re looking for somewhere cool to spend the last of your annual leave, check out 11 Epic Things to do in Antwerp for some inspiration, or check out our favourite fall destinations, or cosy Paris in winter is always a great choice.
I’m leaving HostelBookers next month (anyone fancy my job? Tweet us!) so I’m feeling a touch nostalgic about what’s been and gone in 25 Things I Wish I Could Tell My 18-Year-Old Self About Travelling.
One last blog post of joy
Thanks for the image Anastàssia.