Following on from Chelsea Duke’s top traveling tips for girls, we have another scoop – beauty tips on the go from Princess with a Backpack Lauren Resnick… Here’s how to look good when you’re living out of a backpack!
Want to look good when you’re stuck in a tiny bathroom, with one unusable plug and flourescent lighting?
Never fear – here are my ‘must-dos’ for looking fabulous on your travels…
- Aveda Fillables are perfect for storing small quantities of your favorite products.
- Favorites can help you feel instantly more glamorous – if you are spending an extended period overseas, make sure you take enough, as they may well not be available in more remote locations.
- Don’t bother packing mascara if you’re heading anywhere tropical… unless it’s waterproof!
- Never take pump packs— they’ll end up all over your bag. I once packed my favorite body moisturizer in a pump pack, and even though I wrapped it in a plastic bag, it still ended up all over my clothes.
- If you’re going to be spending loads of time in the water, take a leave-in conditioner to revitalise your hair.
- If you’re doing a lot of air travel, vitamin E or cod-liver oil tablets will work wonders for your skin.
- Keep your hands soft on long-haul flights by smothering them in vitamin E cream and popping a pair of clean socks over them while you’re sleeping… instant beauty fix!
If you’re on the road, here’s three quick tips to help you feel your best…
- Tidy your eyebrows
- A coat of waterproof mascara
- And a little bronzer-highlighter!
Pack the Perfect In-Flight Bag
Most flights and airports still have security restictions – you need to make sure containers with creams, drinks, perfumes and gels do not exceed 100ml, and are in a clear plastic bag. This will mean downsizing your beauty essentials… Trial sizes are also a fantastic way of getting all you need on the plane with you.
Here’s the simple essentials for feeling and looking great after a long flight:
- Lip balm
- Hand cream
- Eye cream
- Eye drops
- Skin refresher spray
- Nail file
There you have it. So simple to be stylish… Bon Voyage!
Lauren Resnick is a writer, designer and entrepreneur. She wrote and published her first book, Princess with a Backpack – the ultimate guide to backpacking in style – in New York City where she spent the best part of last year. Lauren has now returned to Sydney and there’s an e-book and the second edition soon to follow. You can contact her on Lauren@princesswithabackpack.com.