Cooking on the go in the hostel kitchen is social and cheap. Here’s how to whip up some delicious curried cornflakes…
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 1/2 cup green peas
• 1 medium capsicum (or bell pepper), chopped
• salt to taste
• 200ml water
• 2 bowls cornflakes
• coriander leaves or grated cheese to garnish
1 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté onion till brown and tender.
2 Add tomato and peas and cook for 5 mins.
3 Add capsicum and sauté until tender.
4 Add salt and water and bring it to boil.
5 Lower flame and add cornflakes while constantly stirring until it thickens.
Garnish with coriander leaves and cheese to taste, and serve.
By @Cemonde (lemonicks.com)
Click here for more backpacking recipes
Like this? Related posts:
- Backpacking Recipes: Chicken in Plums
- Backpacking Recipes: Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
- Backpacking Recipes: Tuna Seaweed Roll
Thanks to davsot for the image off Flickr. Please note, all images were suitable for use at time of publication according to the Creative Commons License.
Published: May 20, 2012