Cooking in the hostel kitchen is fun and saves money. Here’s how to make delicious chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta…
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Pasta is a clear essential when you’re travelling the world on a budget –
filling, easy and cheap. Here’s a simple and tasty way to dress it healthily.
• 275g wholegrain spaghetti (or other long pasta)
• 2 small chicken breasts (about 300g total)
• 85g sundried tomatoes (not in oil, but nice and plump and bright red)
• 20-25 kalamata olives, chopped
• 2-3 tbsp fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ tsp each salt and pepper
• 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• ½ cup pasta cooking liquid
1 Cook the pasta following instructions. Keep at least ½ cup of cooking
liquid once pasta is cooked.
2 Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size cubes and cook in skillet over
medium-high heat until golden brown on all sides.
3 Chop sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives and add to cooked chicken.
Stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
4 Add drained pasta, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh
parsley and ¼ cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Toss delicately to combine.
Add more cooking liquid if necessary.
5 Serve immediately and garnish
By @HealthyyyFoodie (thehealthyfoodie.net)
Need more hostel recipes? Download or print the backpacking recipes guide.
Like this? Related posts:
- Backpacking Recipes: Tuna Seaweed Roll
- Backpacking Recipes: Curried Cornflakes
- Backpacking Recipes: Chicken in Plums
Thanks to davsot for the image off Flickr. Please note, all images were suitable for use at time of publication according to the Creative Commons License.