Tomato, Mozzarella and Pesto Pizza
Backpacking and in need of a tasty meal, fast? Cooking in the hostel kitchen is a great way to make friends and save money.Try this tomato, mozzarella and pesto pizza with a twist… it’s made on a tortilla – YUM – and it only costs 90p per pizza. Take it from us, it’s delicious – we made it from scratch in the hostel kitchen at Clink78 in London.
Watch how we did it in our video, and grab the ingredients list and method below…
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Recipe from @MSC_63 (bakingintheburg.com)
A tasty and filling pizza that’s easy to make in a frying pan – load up the toppings and you’ll have yourself a feast.
• 1 large tortilla or pitta
• 1 tbsp prepared pesto
• handful cherry tomatoes, sliced (or a small regular tomato or drained,
• 2 regular sized bocconcini (or ¼ to ½ cup shredded mozzarella or other
1 Heat tortilla in a frying pan over medium heat.
2 Spread pesto on the tortilla.
3 Top with the sliced tomatoes and cheese.
4 Cover the pan with a lid or another frying pan for about 5 mins until cheese is melted, pesto is bubbling, and tortilla is crispy.
5 Season to taste, slice and enjoy
Published: May 8, 2012
Need more hostel recipes? Download or print the backpacker recipe guide.
Like this? Related posts:
- Backpacking Recipes for the Hostel Kitchen
- 50 of the World’s Best Breakfasts
- 8 Exciting Food Markets Around the Globe
- Backpackers Recipes: #HostelKitchen Approved
- Drink Your Way Around Eastern Europe
- Paris Food & Drink Guide: The best of Paris on a budget
Thanks to davsot for the image off Flickr. Please note, all images were suitable for use at time of publication according to the Creative Commons License.