As the year draws to an end, it’s time to reflect on past transgressions and vow to be better in the future. We present the 7 Deadly Sins of Backpacking…
Thou shalt not commit the cardinal sin of Gluttony and seeing the word ‘free’ take as much as your pockets will hold. Nor shalt Thou become indifferent to new cities because you’ve seen so many (Sloth!).
But deadliest sin of all (come on, fess up – you know you’ve done it!) – Lust! Thou shalt not indulge in hanky panky in the middle of night in a 12-bed dorm…
So be honest… how many of these 7 Deadly Sins of Backpacking are you guilty of?
Click the image to see the big version!
The full list:
1. Lust: Hanky Panky in the middle of the night in a 12-bed dorm.
2. Gluttony: Seeing the word ‘free’ and taking as much as your pockets will hold.
3. Greed: Wanting to see everything, everywhere… And now.
4. Sloth: Becoming indifferent to new cities because you’ve seen so many.
5. Wrath: Getting angry at locals because you’re in a rush, or you’ve spent all your money, or you don’t speak their language, or any other reason that’s your fault.
6. Envy: Feeling jealousy towards other travellers’ cool camera/amazing sleeping bag/country repertoire.
7. Pride: Showing off to less experienced travellers, stay humble.
Can you think of any more deadly sins? Tell us in the comment section below!