Now the competition has closed, we’re are happy to announce the winners of our Wish You Were Here competition. We had some awesome entries from everyone, but these are the ones that just pipped it at the post. See who won which prize from the lists below.
- Miriam Anna
- Alasdair Yerlett
- Lindsay Pond
- Anastasia Jones
- Mark Baquir
- Hwee Bun Kwoh
- Clabbe Bjurstrom
- Ramunas Kulbokas
- Dylan Kleemann
- Elodie Soetaert
- Eric Jimenez
- Hope Smith
- Jared Webb
- Tati Gossn
- Charlotte Knights
- Penny Hall
- Gilberto Martins Dos Santos
- Spela Lokovsek
- Timon Herrmann
- Alexandre Delaere
- Julien Laroche
- M’Morgane-Guillaume Durand
- Silvi Gasperoni
- Fiona Rickert
- Jaime Perez Ruiz
- Luke Landers
- Ramona Bernasconi
- Sara Banchieri
- Sonja Müller
- Aurore Ducros
Car Hire Winners
- Yulia Shapieva Simonka
- Ornella Voto
- Anne Kaasalainen
Hostel Stay Winners
- Inga Klingels
- Anne Kaasalainen
- Rienke Holtland
- Jenna Anderson
- Vanessa Sterry
- Débora Sobrino
- Suyash Chopra
- Renn Semmel (not his real name!)
- Rita Rojas
- Charles C. Jareno
Free Tours Winners
- Elizabeth Symons
- Nikola Totic
- Susan Quincey
- Crystal Ewen
- Julia Wi
- Mido Taha
- Megan King
- Brittany Todd
Thank you to everyone that entered. Please note the competition is now closed and we are no longer accepting entries.
Want the chance to win a round-the-world-flight worth £1500?
What about a whole bunch of other travel goodies?
Yes? Keep reading…
All you have to do is create a postcard using our Wish You Were Here app and share it with your friends.
If you create and share a postcard, you’ll be entered into the prize draw. The more postcards that are created, the more prizes we will unlock.
How it Works
1. Go to our Wish You Were Here homepage
2. Choose one of your best holiday snaps from Facebook and upload it
3. Let us know where it was taken
4. Choose a filter for your pic – there are four to choose from
5. Decide where you’d like our logo to go
6. Add a message for your friends
7. Pick up to eight friends to share your postcard with
8. When you’re happy, send it!
There are seven stages of prizes to be unlocked. Once we’ve received enough postcards, we’ll unlock the next stage. Once you’ve sent your postcard you’ll be in with a chance to win any one of the following:
- 20 Rough Guide Books
- 8 backpacks from Crosskase
- 3 x S4 Galaxy phones from Phone4U
- 4 x £250 Car Hires from Carrentals
- 15 £100 hostel stays
- 10 x £500 tours from On the Go tours
- 2 x £1550 Round-the-world flights
Terms and Conditions
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. This Competition is open to participants aged 18 and over.
2. This competition is not open to employees of HostelBookers.com Ltd, their family members, HostelBookers.com Ltd argents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. Participants enter the competition by creating a postcard, sharing it with friends via Facebook and submitting their email address.
4. By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, including but not limited to automatic subscription to HostelBookers.com Ltd newsletter.
5. No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for technical or other reason.
6. HostelBookers.com Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to participants.
7. The competition will run from 29th January 2014 and will close on 16th March 2014.
8. Any entries received or processed after the competition is closed will not be accepted.
9. The winners will be drawn at random by the judges once the targets have been reached.
10. The winners will be notified within seven days of the prize draws by email.
11. If HostelBookers.com Ltd cannot contact the winner within 14 days of the prize draw HostelBookers.com Ltd reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
12. The prizes must be taken by the winners and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party. No cash or other alternatives to the prizes are available.
13. Once the prizes have been claimed the winners will be announced on the HostelBookers.com Ltd blog and via social media channels.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
15. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and it is the prize winners’ responsibility to arrange suitable cover for their needs.
16. By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and those imposed by the prizes suppliers.
Terms and conditions for specific prizes:
17. The winners must be over the age of 25 and must hold a valid driving license for a minimum of 1 year. Subject to certain endorsements.
18. The winners will need to fill out the car request form and email Carrentals.co.uk directly to claim their free car hire, this form will be sent to the winners once chosen.
19. Car hire is available anywhere in the world provided it is a location that is serviced by Carrentals.co.uk.
20. Winners will be liable to pay for any optional/additional extras requested (such as child seats, satellite navigation etc.) or additional fees applied (such as one way rental fees, additional drivers etc.) which will be payable locally.
21. Winners will need a valid credit card for collection of car hire which will need to have sufficient funds available to cover the security deposit and fuel charges (between 100GBP and 2,000GBP).
22. The prize details are as stated and no cash alternative will be given.
23. If tour is more than £500, the winner will receive a £500 discount on the tour price. If tour is less than £500, the tour is free.
24. Where the value of the tour is more than £500, the balance must be paid in full 8 weeks prior to tour departure date.
25. The winner must be 18 and over and must be fit for adventure-style travel.
26. Tours are subject to availability.
27. All tours must be booked within 3 months of competition closure.
28. The winner must travel within 2014.
29. Once the tour is booked, dates cannot be changed.
30. Prize cannot be transferred to another person, and cannot be substituted for cash value.
31. Tours available to choose from are limited to these five options:
- India x 2 tours: http://www.onthegotours.com/India/Tours/Taj-Express
- Turkey x 2 tours: http://www.onthegotours.com/Turkey/Tours/Aegean-Explorer
- Russia x 2 tours: http://www.onthegotours.com/Russia/Tours/Vodka-Shot
- Egypt x 2 tours: http://www.onthegotours.com/Egypt/Tours/Pharaohs-Adventure
- Africa x 2 tours: http://www.onthegotours.com/Africa/Overland-Safaris-East-Africa/Safari-Safari
Samsung Galaxy S4
32. Expect a delivery time of up to 30 days for the device after competition closes.
General Terms and Conditions:
33. You must not upload photographs that contain objectionable content, including but not limited to nudity, violence and other offensive, illegal or inappropriate images.
34. Only upload photographs, images, tips and/or text that are relevant and appropriate to the Wish You Were Here campaign and that meet intellectual property, privacy and other applicable laws.
35. You must hold the copyright of the photograph or image that you are uploading. Images that are considered to infringe the copyright or trademarks of other individuals, organisations or companies will not be permitted.
36. HostelBookers.com Ltd endeavour to check the accuracy of information published on HostelBookers.com website with the Supplier(s) concerned. You should note however that we do not warrant that such information will be error free and in using HostelBookers.com you acknowledge that the information provided may include inaccuracies and / or typographical errors.
37. You warrant that you have permission from all persons appearing in your photograph for you to make this contribution and grant rights described herein.
38. By uploading a photograph, (a) you grant HostelBookers.com Ltd a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, display, reproduce, modify, publish, transmit and distribute the photograph and any material included in such photograph; and (b) you agree that the photograph can be displayed on all HostelBookers.com Ltd websites, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation on the internet, mobile platforms and/or devices, and in the advertising, publicity promotion thereof; and (c) you agree to indemnify HostelBookers.com Ltd and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees and them harmless from any and all claims and expense, including legal fees, arising from the photo and/or your failure to comply with these rules.
39. HostelBookers.com Ltd does not claim any ownership rights in the images, photographs, text, tips, work of authorship or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you upload on or through the HostelBookers.com Ltd Services.
40. The photo upload function is provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied. In no event will HostelBookers.com Ltd be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the photo upload function, whether in contract or in negligence.
41. You may not upload any material, including but not limited to photographs, which contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or the HostelBookers.com Ltd website.
42. HostelBookers.com Ltd may reject, refuse to post or delete photographs, images or text for any or no reason, including photographs, images or text that in the sole judgement of HostelBookers.com Ltd violates this agreement.
43. You also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates HostelBookers.com Ltd to display or use your photograph(s), image(s), text, tip(s) or any other materials.
44. HostelBookers.com Ltd assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Wish You Were Here campaign for inappropriate content or conduct. If at any time HostelBookers.com Ltd, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Wish You Were Here campaign, Hostelbookers.com Ltd nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the person submitting any such content.
45. HostelBookers.com Ltd reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter these terms at any time for any reason without prior notice, or to terminate the Photograph Upload Service for any reason at any time without prior notice, whether removed from the entire website or removed from individuals.
46. Normal HostelBookers.com Ltd terms and conditions apply.
47. Any photograph(s), image(s), tip(s), text and/or associated data that you transmit to, or post on, the HostelBookers.com Ltd website using the photo upload function is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
48. The photograph, image, text and/or tip must not reveal any private information about yourself or anyone else, such as contact details.
49. In uploading a photograph, image, text, tip or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) HostelBookers.com Ltd will show the sender of the content by displaying their name and profile picture, both of which will be gathered from Facebook.
50. HostelBookers.com Ltd respects your privacy. Hostelbookers.com Ltd will not use your personal data for any other goal than publishing your content as part of the Wish You Were Here campaign. All personal data will be treated in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
51. Your personal data will not be shared with any third party who is not related to the Wish You Were Here campaign.
52. By uploading, transmitting to, or posting any text and/or photo(s) (collectively, “Content”) to the HostelBookers.com Ltd service, in connection with Wish You Were Here campaign, you agree for the content to also appear on Facebook.com.