Upload your best travel photo and there’s a pair of InterRail/Eurail Global Passes with 10 days travel up for grabs.
We’ve fallen in love with train travel all over again. The thrill of watching your destination unfold before you as you hurtle through mountainous valleys and cling to cliff-hugging coastal paths.
‘InterRailing’ is for many the experience of a lifetime. There’s nothing quite like pulling in to some of the world’s most exciting and beautiful cities. The trick is, don’t cram in as many destinations as possible. Check in to a hostel for a few nights and you’ll discover much more of the city and the surrounding area.
That’s the beauty of our Global Pass, you get 10 days of train travel but they don’t need to be consecutive.
- A 10-day Global Pass with InterRail allows European residents 10 traveling days over a 22 day period within 30 European countries.
- A Eurail Global Pass is specificly for non-European residents. The difference is your 10 traveling days need to be taken over a 2-month period within 21 European countries.
How do I enter?
Upload, label and like!
1. Upload your travel photo to the HostelBookers Facebook page by 01/09/2010.
2. Label image ‘Photo Competition’ and include a short description.
3. Our 10 favourites will be put in the ‘InterRail Competition – Vote for your favourite now!’ Facebook album on 01/09/2010.
4. Fans have until 09/09/2010 to ‘like’ their favourite picture. The one with the most votes is the winner. So get all your friends to vote for you!
5. The winner will be announced on our wall on 10/09/2010.
Need inspiration? We’ve planned Italy by train just for you so have a read of part 1/4 of our special InterRail routes.
1. This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
2. This Competition is not open to employees of HB, their family members, HB’s agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. Participants enter the competition by submitting their best travel photo on Facebook.
4. Only photos with the title “photo competition’ will be considered.
5. By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, including automatic subscription to our newsletter.
6. While the photographer retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries, HostelBookers reserve the right to unlimited use of the photos for company brochures, promotion and advertising. If you do not wish your images to be used but have already entered them to the competition please withdraw your image(s) otherwise your image may be used for PR purposes in phase 2 of the competition.
7. The competition will run from 11th August – 1st September 2010.
8. Any entries received or processed after the closing date will not be accepted.
9. A shortlist of 10 finalists will then be created and added to an album entitled: Our Top 10 Photos for InterRail Competition – Vote Now!’.
10. Fans will then have 1 week to ‘like’ their favourite picture. The one with the most votes is the winner.
11. The winner will be announced on 10th September on HostelBookers wall.
12. The 1st prize is for a pair of InterRail Global Passes for 10 travel days.
13. The 10 days travel has to be used within 22 days of first journey for Europeans and 2 months of first journey for non-Europeans.
14. The prize must be booked by 10th December 2010, to be taken within 3 months for Europeans and 6 months for Non-Europeans.
15. No cash or other alternative is available to any of the prizes.
16. The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
17. The winner will be notified within 7 days of the prize draw by email.
18. If HostelBookers cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw HostelBookers reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
19. Travel insurance is not included in the prize and it is the prize winners responsibility to arrange suitable cover for their needs.
20. By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. HostelBookers act as agent in respect of all bookings we take or make on your behalf. For all bookings your contract will be with the supplier of the accommodation or other service specified.