This competition is now closed. Thanks for all the great entries! Find out who the winner is here.
What’s the funniest/strangest/coolest/best story you’ve got about staying in hostels? Let us know in the comments box below, or Tweet us @hostelbookers using the hashtag #HostelStories and you could win a Kindle, just in time for Christmas.
If you’ve met the woman of your dreams, hung out with new BFFs in the common room, experienced the best night of your life or found the coolest hostel in the world we want to know. Now.
How to enter
Scroll to the end of this blog post and in the comments section tell us…
YOUR MOST INTERESTING/FUN/SILLY EXPERIENCE IN A HOSTEL
The answer that makes us giggle, jaw drop, drool or go ‘OMG!’ will be the winner! But can we try and keep it clean – mumsy reads this…
Here are some funny responses we received earlier this year when we asked you to tell us your crazy hostel guest stories….
“A guy called Dan in Budapest … wore a plaster on his top lip for the 3 days we were with him. Didn’t say anything from when he arrived on the Wednesday till Sunday night. But then he came to life, went from telling us about how “all swedes kill their wives and presidents”, “25% of Brazilians are in prison” and “Ikea laughs about death.” In the end after spending the whole night talking to himself in the kitchen, he wandered into his old room and spoke about ripping peoples hearts out. He was asked to leave after that!” – Sam Nicoll
“Once shared a dorm with a girl in Amsterdam who went through mine and my friends bags and wore our underwear, used our towels, and sprayed nice perfume in her armpits like deodorant…(at least we had valuables locked). She denied it and we changed rooms…but I definitely saw my boxers poking out the top of her pants haha. Good times.” – Hannah Clare McFarlane
Terms and conditions
1. This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
2. This Competition is not open to employees of HostelBookers, their family members, HostelBookers’ agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. The competition will run from 10.00 GMT Monday 26th November 2012 until 17.00 GMT Monday 10th December 2012.
4. Participants enter the competition by commenting on the blog post their best hostel story.
5. Any entries received or processed after the closing date will not be accepted. By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, including automatic subscription to our newsletter.
6. No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
7. Only one entry is allowed per person.
8. The winner will be chosen by HostelBookers based on the most creative and interesting story.
9. The winner will be notified via email on 11th December 2012 and announced on HostelBookers blog and HostelBookers facebook wall once the prize has been claimed.
10. The winner will be required to provide postal address and full name.
11. No cash or other alternative is available to the prize.
13. The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
14. If HostelBookers cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw, HostelBookers reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
15. By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and those imposed by the prize suppliers.
16. HostelBookers reserve the right to refuse entry to participants.
17. HostelBookers is a registered company in England. The laws of England shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to this competition.