Want to win a dream trip to scale Iceland’s volcanoes for you and a friend? Find out how below…
The prize (worth £2000!)
- A flight for two to Iceland from any Wow-air destination
- Accommodation at Bus Hostel for 5 nights
- A rental car for the entire time
- Three volcano trips
- Swimming in the Blue Lagoon
How do I win?
All you have to do is to post your best bus picture on instagram OR on the Bus Hostel Facebook page and mark it with the hashtag #bushostel.
Your picture will then automatically be uploaded to Facebook where people can vote on the best bus photo. In order to vote, you need to like the Bus Hostel Facebook page.
The 10 images with the most votes will then be judged by a jury of four bloggers, who will select the winner.
More about the trip
Your five-day schedule
Day 1: Arrive and get settled into Bus Hostel, the newest hip and happening in Reykajvik, and recieve your SADcars vehicle.
Day 2: Tour no. 1 – Westman Islands (Vestmannaeyjar)
Explore Iceland’s Westman Islands (Vestmannaeyjar) just off the south coast, and hike up Heimaey’s Eldfell volcano that erupted only 40 years ago. Take in the breath-taking views from the top, and feel the hot ground beneath your feet, courtesy of South Iceland Adventures .
Day 3: Tour no. 2 – Meet Eyjafjallajökull
Remember that nasty ash cloud business from 2010 that caused hundreds of flights to be cancelled and stranded thousands of people in Iceland? Well on this South Iceland Adventures tour, you’ll get the chance to explore the Eyjafjallajökull volcano herself, off roading through bumpy roads and roaring rivers, before coming face to face with Gigjokull, the glacier at the bottom.
Afterwards, enjoy a leisurely hike in stunning national park Thorsmörk, before visiting the Seljalandsfoss waterfall
Day 4: Tour no. 3 – Inside the Volcano & The Blue Lagoon
Get ready to descend into the depths of Prihnukagigur – the only volcano in the world that you can actually go down. The volcano erupted 5000 years ago and with Inside The Volcano tours, you can descend 120 meters/400 feet to the bottom of the crater in an open cable lift.
You’ll probably need to relax after going down a volcano, so what better way to unwind than a swim at The Blue Lagoon (Icelandic: Bláa lónið) geothermal spa – one of the most visited attractions in Iceland – and then a delicious dinner in the Lava Restaurant.
Day 5: Free day in Reykjavik
This brand new eco-friendly hostel is located 10 minutes from Reykjavik city high-street. Offering 4, 6, 8 and 14 bed dorms (mixed plus a few only for the gals or for the lads), Bus Hostel also comes equipped with a bar area, known as “Boogie Wonderland.” Other perks include free Wi-Fi, a Vinyl record player in the common room with loads of records, coffee facilities, 24-hour reception and free bicycles!
Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition is open to participants aged 18 and over.
2. This Competition is not open to employees of HostelBookers, WoW air, SADcars, Bus Hostel Reykjavik, South Iceland Adventures, 3H Travel (Inside the volcano) or the Blue Lagoon, their family members, HostelBookers’ agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
3. Participants enter the competition by submitting a photo of a bus. Submission is simply by posting a picture on instagram with the hashtag #bushostel.
4. No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
5. The competition will run from June 24th 2013 and will close at 23:59 July 31st 2013.
6. The prize is a 5 day trip for two to Iceland including flights from any Wow air destination, 5 nights at Bus Hostel Reykjavik, a rental car from SADcars.com, trips with South Iceland Adventures and 3H Travel, entry to the Blue Lagoon and dinner at the Lava restaurant. All stays/tours are subject to availability and must be taken within one year of the winner being notified of the prize.
7. The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
8. The winner will be selected by August 1st 2013 and announced on the Bus Hostel blog no later than August 15th 2013.
9. The winner will be notified within two days of the prize draw by email.
10. If Bus Hostel cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw Bus Hostel reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.