If you have always fancied surfing Australia is the birthplace of Quiksilver, Billabong and Rip Curl. It is also one of the country’s favourite sports so there is no better place to learn how to navigate the waves.
We are offering you the chance to WIN a private group surfing lesson or stand up paddle lesson for four people – valued at over €200!
SECOND PRIZE: An Airwalk bodyboard worth over €30.
You can join Australia’s elite and hit the waves at either Woorim Beach, Bribie Island (just north of Brisbane) or on the Sunshine Coast with SCSurfSchools.
You’ll get a 1½ hour lesson at one of the locations above with all the equipment you need. This includes boards, wetsuits, rashies and sunscreen. All you need to bring is your own water, drinks, towel and swimwear to wear underneath.
How to enter
- Tweet a picture (try Twitpic) of your best surfing pose and write: Hello @hostelbookers + @SCSurfschools check out my surfing pose! #surfsup
- No surf board needed for entry, just your imagination
- Our favourites will win either 1st or 2nd prize
- Deadline for entries 23:59 GMT Sunday 19th December 2011
- Full terms and conditions
Thanks to mikebaird for the images from Flickr. Please note, all images were used under the Creative Commons License at the time of posting.
Like this? Related posts:
Terms and conditions
- This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over
- This Competition is not open to employees of HostelBookers, their family members, HostelBookers’ agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- The competition will run from 11:00 GMT Monday 5th December 2011 until 23:59 GMT Sunday 19th December 2011.
- Participants enter the competition by tweeting their picture at @HostelBookers+@SCSurfschools with the hashtag #surfsup
- Any entries received or processed after the closing date will not be accepted. By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, including automatic subscription to our newsletter.
- No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- The winner will be chosen by HostelBookers based on the most creative picture.
- The winner will be announced on HostelBookers Twitter page on Monday 19th December 2011 and will be announced on HostelBookers blog when the prize has been claimed.
- The winner will be required to provide full name and email.
- No cash or other alternative is available to the prize.
- The prize must be taken by the prize winner and any other 3 friends he/she chooses.
- If HostelBookers cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw, HostelBookers reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
- Prize is valid until 18th December 2012 in any of the following location options: 1) Woorim Beach, Bribie Island or 2) Sunshine Coast.
- Equipment provided includes boards, wet suits or rash guard and sunscreen
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and those imposed by SC Surfschools.
- HostelBookers reserve the right to refuse entry to participants.