We were overwhelmed by the number of images you guys posted on our Facebook wall for the InterRail photo competition. A whopping 1400+ in fact! Well, those of you who uploaded images but didn’t make it into the final 10, you have another chance to win! We’re offering 5 of you a 2-night stay in the destination of your choice at any of our properties.
We’ve decided to extend the competition and open up the voting again. This time, to make the most of all those wonderful photographs you uploaded to our wall, we’ve devised a number of new categories: People, Fun, Culture, Landscape and lastly, Creative.
Need to Know
• Every Monday for 5 weeks we will create a new Facebook album, each with a different theme.
• For each category we will select our 10 favourite images from those uploaded on the wall between 11th August 2010 and 1st September 2010 labelled “photo competition”.
• Facebook fans, you will then have 1 week to ‘like’ your favourite image in that album.
• A winner will be announced every Monday until 1st November 2010 when all 5 categories have been voted on.
The competition will run for 5 weeks and the winner of each category will receive a 2-night stay for 2 people at the hostel of their choice anywhere in the world up to the value of €180. There will be a total of 5 winners (one from each category).
We are not accepting new entries. We will only be considering photographs already on our Facebook wall labelled ‘photo competition’. The 10 previous finalists will not be included in the selection.
Week Two: Fun
Voting opens: Monday 4th October
Voting closes: Monday 11th October
Week Three: Culture
Voting opens: Monday 11th October
Voting closes: Monday 18th October
Week Four: Landscape
Voting opens: Monday 18th October
Voting closes: Monday 25th October
Week Five: Creative
Voting opens: Monday 25th October
Voting closes: Monday 1st Novemeber
- This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
- This Competition is not open to employees of HB, their family members, HB’s agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- Only participants who entered HostelBookers previous photo competition and uploaded images labelled “photo competition” to the HostelBookers Facebook wall between 11th August and 1st September 2010 will be considered for this Competition.
- A Facebook photo album containing 10 finalists chosen by HostelBookers will be created every Monday between Monday 27th September 2010 and until Monday 25th October 2010 for each of the 5 categories.
- Every week, fans can ‘like’ their favourite picture. The one with the most votes in each category is the winner. There will be a total of 5 winners.
- Voting closes every Monday until 1st November 2010 at 5pm London GMT.
- The original 10 finalists for HostelBookers previous photo competition between 11th August 2010 and 1st September 2010 will not be considered for this Competition.
- Only 1 image per person will be considered for the Competition in any of the 5 categories.
- The winner of each category will be announced every Monday between 4th October 2010 and 1st November 2010 on HostelBookers Facebook wall.
- While the photographer retains the copyright of all images submitted as competition entries, HostelBookers reserve the right to unlimited use of the photos for company brochures, promotion and advertising. If you do not wish your images to be used but have already entered them to the competition please withdraw your image(s) otherwise your image may be used for PR purposes in phase 2 of the competition.
- The prize is a 2-night stay for 2 people at any HostelBookers property up to the value of €180.
- The prize must be booked by 10th January 2011 and travel must be completed by 1st June 2011. All bookings are subject to availability.
- The prize excludes travel between 28th December 2010 and 2nd January 2011.
- No cash or other alternative is available to any of the prizes.
- The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
- The winner will be notified on Facebook within 7 days of the prize draw.
- If HostelBookers cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw HostelBookers reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
- Travel insurance is not included in the prize and it is the prize winners responsibility to arrange suitable cover for their needs.
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- HostelBookers act as agent in respect of all bookings we take or make on your behalf. For all bookings your contract will be with the supplier of the accommodation or other service specified.
Images by previous finalists Berto Selvfolgelig, Nina Hocevar (winner), Goh Chun Sheng and Johan Kuijt