Hotel | Hringbraut 29, Reykjavik, Iceland -
9 out of 9 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (02/09/2013)
Anthony Hennen thinks…
"It was a 10-minute walk from the city center, they have laundry facilities as well as breakfast (though it's a bit expensive for what you get). The 10-bed option is essentially a large attic with…"Read all Hotel Gardur reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Late check-out
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Cot / crib
- Infant bed
- Supervised child care / activities
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Reykjavik?Contact us directly
See other properties in Reykjavik
Reykjavik Downtown Hostel
Flying Viking Guesthouse
These renovations include brand new flooring in all rooms, improved windows, doors, walls and stairwells, as well as upgrading all bathroom and kitchen areas to the highest standard.
We hope to welcome you to our new and improved Hótel Garður summer 2014. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
About Hotel Gardur
Garður Hotel in central Reykjavik has been a favorite with travelers for many years, and continues to bring the best value accommodation to travelers. The 2-star hotel is located in a perfect spot with the National Museum of Iceland next door and is within a short walking distance from the city centre where you can find coffeehouses, restaurants, bars and experience Icelandic culture. The hotel boasts an amazing panoramic view of our beautiful Hallgrímskirkja church.
Guests are served a complimentary breakfast each morning. Breakfast is not included in the sleeping bag accommodation rate. Hotel Gardur features tour/ticket assistance, free parking for guests and complimentary high speed (wired) Internet access in public areas. For a surcharge, guests have access to an airport shuttle (available on request). The Hotel is a nonsmoking property.
Hotel Gardur has 43 twin, double and single rooms. Guestrooms have city or garden views. We also offer sleeping bag accommodation in a 10 bed mixed dormitory.
Additional room amenities include sinks and windows that open. In addition, housekeeping is offered daily. All guestrooms at Hotel Gardur are non smoking.
Hotel Garður is located in a short walking distance from Reykjavik’s main shopping street, Laugavegur.
The Hotel offers an ideal location for exploring the cities historic centre; shops, restaurants, cafés, bars, nightlife and main attractions can all be found within a short walking distance.
Within a 10 minute walking distance from the Hotel the following attractions can be found:
- The national History museum.
- The National art museum.
- Reykjavik's pond and botanic gardens.
- The old harbour where you can go on a whale watching trip (April-October).
- The flea market, Kolaportið, open Saturdays and Sundays.
- Hallgrímskirkja church, one of Reykjavík’s most famous landmarks. You can climb up to the church tower and enjoy a spectacular view of the city.
- The Culture House, which houses Iceland’s Medieval Manuscripts, amongst other artefacts.
Within 3 km of the hotel the following attractions can be found:
- Sundhollin, Indoor swimming pool.
- Nautolfsvik beach.
- Vesturbaejarlaug, Outdoor swimming pool.
- The Pearl - one of Reykjavík’s landmark, where you can get a great view over the city, visit the Saga Museum and dine at the revolving restaurant at the top.
- Kringlan shopping centre, with over 60 shops.