The Urban Age
Hostel | 130/6 Silom Soi6-8 S, Silom road, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand 10500
233 out of 260 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (08/06/2015)
"Good location and helpful staff. Decent level of cleanliness for a city hostel. Beds are ok, dorms a little cramped. A/c in dorm is only on after 5pm. It's a sauna in there any other time. It's a fine place if you plan…"Read all The Urban Age reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- ATM / cash machine
- Internet access in public areas
- Onsite shop(s)
- Not every room has a window (rooms with a window are subject to availability) - This is a smoke-free hostel. Smoking outdoors only. - This is a six floor hostel but there is no elevator. (Dorm room is on 6th floor) - Credit card are not accepted (Thai Baht only) and full payment must be paid upon arrival - No outside visitors allowed in the guest rooms upstairs. - Please note that we always try our best to make your stay pleasant. - We only accept the bookings made with Credit Card ( You need to pay the deposit online through your Valid Credit Card); otherwise , the bookings cannot be guaranteed.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Bangkok?Contact us directly
See other properties in Bangkok
Tower Club at Lebua
Golden house @ Silom
Lebua at State Tower
New Road Guest House
Poste 43 Residence Hotel
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Twin (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Single (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Double (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About The Urban Age
It is run by the owner who will ensure you feel like you’re at home. An oasis of hospitality, it is ready to satisfy the accommodation needs of those traveling for leisure and even business. A perfect choice if you want to stay in a budget and modern urban hostel. We offer a clean and safe environment where you can dine or hang out in the area for 24 hours.
The Urban Age hostel is located in one of the best location in the city which is the main central business street in Bangkok, with shops, restaurants and nightlife. There are local and international banks, hospitals hotels and let's say... all you can find is here.
Come and enjoy your stay, let’s see what we offer:
- Prime location
- Friendly staff
- Serene environment
- Clean and comfortable rooms
Free bed linen & towel
Free coffee/tea/cocoa for 24 hrs
Free Bangkok city map
Free wi-fi (if you have your own laptop)
Free travel info/arrangement
Free book exchange
20 THB/ day for the luggage storage room
- Shared bathrooms
- (4 showers and 3 toilets)
- Comfortable bed and pillow, clean sheets and blankets towels.
However, there are a few limitations:
- Not every room has a window (rooms with a window are subject to availability)
- This is a smoke-free hostel. Smoking outdoors only.
- This is a six floor hostel but there is no elevator. (Dorm room is on 6th floor)
- Credit card are not accepted (Thai Baht only) and full payment must be paid upon arrival
- No outside visitors allowed in the guest rooms upstairs.
- Please note that we always try our best to make your stay pleasant.
The Urban Age,’ is located on Silom Soi 8 which is surrounded by trendy restaurants, shops, international banks, public transportation and nightlife. Soi means small street in Thai and we are just opposite the Bangkok Bank headquarter. You can simply spot a 24-hour convenient store 7-11. Walk into Soi 8 for 1 min, you will reach our hostel. In case your computer can read Thai, please print this out so that you can show it to the driver.
For more information on how to get to our hostel (ex. from Skytrain station, Underground station, Bus terminal, Railway Station and Kao Sarn Road).
From any station or public transport, look for Silom Soi 8, which is just opposite of Bangkok Bank Headquarters and next to Bangkok Christian Hospital.
3 minutes walk to local day-time market (Soi 5, 10)
5 minutes walk to Saladeang Skytrain station
5 minutes walk to Central Silom Complex Mall
7 minutes walk to Silom MRT
20 minutes walk to Suan Lum Night Market
- Other attractions: Grand Palce, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, China Town, Museums are reachable by sky train and public boat
- Other shopping sites: MBK, Siam Paragon, Central World, Pratunam are reachable by 5 mins on sky train