Hostel | 130/3-4, Silom 6, Bangkok, Thailand 10150
254 out of 260 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (09/12/2013)
Timothy Keane thinks…
"Super clean, super friendly an just the right distance I thought to all amenities."Read all Smile Society reviews
- Air Conditioning
- No curfew
- Games room
- Secure lockers
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- Common area / room
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Television room
**The Reception closes 8pm. Pls email the Smile Society if you arrive later**
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Bangkok?Contact us directly
See other properties in Bangkok
Thrive The Hostel: Patpong by The Belle
The Blast Silom Hostel
Lub d Bangkok - Silom
Sunflower Place - Silom
13 Coins Surawongse
Smile Society is situated on Silom Rd, right in the centre of Bangkok, w/5-min walk fr BTS Skytrain (Saladaeng station) & Metro (Silom Station). It is most convenient & easy connect to Bangkok attractions. Rooms are nice & clean w/ good air-con. We provide free Wi-Fi & computer, key card access, common room, laundry service. Free! Complimentary breakfast include. Our Reception closes 8pm but flexible. Pls just email us if you arrive later. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
8 Bed Dorm - Male only (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Superior Double (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Triple (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
4 person (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Deluxe Triple (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Superior Single (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Deluxe 2 person (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
About Smile Society
Smile Society is youth hostel situated on Silom Rd, right in the centre of Bangkok, with 5-min walk from BTS Skytrain (Saladaeng station) and Subway (Silom Station). It is most convenient & easy connect to Bangkok attractions. Around the area are so much food vendor, shopping, bank & exchange, restaurants, etc. Everything is just walking distance.
All rooms are air conditioned with clean & comfort bed. Facilities are new. We offer free internet, Wi-Fi in the room & free computers. Key card access, common room, luggage storage, laundry services, etc
Smile Society offers cosy and friendly eco accommodation that welcomes travelers for leisure (we have no elevator).
Guest can relax in our living space, TV and DVD room, or get connect with friends and family via free Wi-Fi internet 24 hours a day, with no limit.
We have outdoor terrace for chill out or share the smiling, stories and experiences with new friends.
Note: * Our reception operates until 8 pm. However, we are welcome for late arrival after 8pm, please just notify us via email in advance.
** Maximum booking for stay is 7 nights **
Please carefully read about our hostel conditions, house rules and cancellation policy :
- We accept THB cash only and full payment is required upon arrival. We don't accept credit card.
- Original passport is required upon check in. We reserve the right to service to true travellers who have no residential in Thailand.
- We ban tourist sex and reserve the right to decline a booking or services to Thai visitor/guest(s).
- Visitors/Joiners are not allowed in residential area except Reception.
- A family travelling with children under 12 is recommended booking a private room. Kid under 4 years old if shares bed with parent is free of charge. Age limitation is 49 years old.
- Group booking over 5 people is welcome. However, please contact us about other restrictions/conditions before make a booking with Hostelbookers.com
- Please respect other privacy and keep the noise down after 10 pm. We may need to request guest to leave the place if failed to respect this rule.
- Please note that Deposit to Hostelbookers is Non-Refund in all cases that guest(s) break house rule.
- Cancellation or Change in booking must email to us 2 days before date of arrival, otherwise the first night stay will be charged. Late arrival more than 3 hours, please kindly inform us otherwise your bed will be re-opened.
- Check in is 2 pm and Check out is by noon. In case you prefer to get the bed/room upon your arrival and before our normal check in time, please reserve a bed/room 1 night before date of arrival. Please note that we will manage a bed/room for you on best effort basis which depends on availability.
- Please note to touch local culture of Thai living style, we request guest to remove the shoes at entrance of residential area.
- We are environmental friendly, our hostel has NO elevator ;)
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
We offer both private & dormitory room.
The private room:
- Deluxe and Superior Double bed Ensuite (bathroom in the room). Flat TV and Satellite, towels, etc. **Please note Superior ensuite has no window**
- Deluxe 5 Bed family room ensuite (reserve for family only - please email us for reservation)
- Deluxe 3 Bed private room ensuite
- A single private ensuite (bathroom in the room). Please aware that room is a bit small but come with a comfortable bed and private bathroom :)
- A standard Triple bed or Four bed private room , shared bathroom. No TV or towel provides
For solo traveller, we have female and male dormitory with shared bathrooms. Clean bed sheet & linen are provided (Towel is for rent). Rooms come with electronic key card, personal locker (your own lock pad), reading light. Hot shower is available 24 hours. All rooms are good air-con. Note: we have no mixed dormitory.
*** SPECIAL RATE FOR DORMITORY, SHARED BED WITHOUT BREAKFAST AT ONLY THB 380 / NIGHT - BOOK NOW UNTIL 30 NOV 2013 ONLY ***
- TV / DVD in common room
- Body wash lotion / shampoo
- Electronic Key card access
- Free Wi-Fi at common room and in the room
- Free Continental Breakfast (except Budget Dorm at price THB 380/night - no breakfast provides)
- Towels provide only for Ensuite room types
130/3-4, Silom Soi 6,
Smile Society is located in business district calls "Silom Road" (Silom Soi 6), opposite the Bangkok Bank Head Office, and only 10 meters from Silom Road. We are only 5 minutes’ walk from BTS Sky train (Saladaeng Station) or 10 minutes’ walk from MRT Subway (Silom Station). The bus stop is also just around the corner on main street.
** We are not in Old City area nor near temples but in downtown business area which mixes between local Thai people and backpackers/tourists. Guests easily go to the Old City from our hostel by cheap and convenient public transportation within 20-30 minutes. **
Transportation is very convenient at Smile Society. Nearby attractions include Lumpini Park, Lumpini Muay Thai Boxing, Night market shopping, street foods, Chinatown or local fresh market to explore Thai culture life. We are at walking distance to Myanmar and Vietnamese embassies, etc.
If you like shopping then the popular MBK Shopping Center, Siam Center, Jatujak weekend market are easy connect by BTS Skytrain. Night market is just 1 block away.