We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our site. By continuing to browse our site you are agreeing to our Cookies Policy and use of cookies technology. Find out more »

HostelBookers Logo
No booking fees
See all Zermatt hostels

The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt

Hostel | Schluhmattstrasse, Zermatt, Switzerland 3920

76.1% Overall Rating

254 out of 373 customers would recommend this property

Recent review (04/01/2015)

Christoph Seeger thinks…

"By far the cheapest place to stay in Zermatt and by the way the only place to stay on budget. I booked on very short notice, payed 36 CHF for one night in an 8-bed-room. The next…"

Read all The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt reviews


  • Bar
  • Credit cards accepted
  • No curfew
  • Games room
  • Secure lockers
  • Lounge area
  • Internet / Wi-Fi
  • Restaurant

Purchasable Extras

  • Breakfast USD 7.86
  • Towel USD 1.97

What's Included

  • Luggage Room
  • Linen

Important Information

Terms of cancellation: to 60 days before arrival = 25% of total amount to 30 days before arrival = 50% of total amount to 14 days before arrival = 75% of total amount less than 14 days before arrival = 100% of total amount Not Included: Tourist tax: 2.50CHF per person, per night

Cancellation Policy

Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 60 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.

Tax Policy (payable to property)

Other Tax CHF 2.50

Check-In/Out Details

Earliest check-in: 16:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00

Group booking?

Group of 15 or more traveling to Zermatt?

Contact us directly


We offer one of the most affordable places to stay in the famous resort of Zermatt. Read more

Enter dates to check prices

    Invalid date
    Invalid Date - Cannot be in the past
    Invalid Date - Check-Out cannot be beyond 25/11/2016

    Invalid date
    Invalid Date - Cannot be in the past
    Invalid Date - Check-Out cannot be beyond 25/11/2016
    Your check-out date is before your check-in date. Please check your dates and try again.
    Bookings can only be made for a maximum period of 31 days. Please enter alternative dates and try again.


About The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt

The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt provides the perfect accommodation in winter and summer for low budget travelers. We are well located in Zermatt which is not only a picturesque village but also one of the top-ranked ski resorts in Europe. The great location gives our guests great access to the mountains. The ski slopes and hiking trails are only a hundred meters away.
Our rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable. Toilets and showers are shared. We also have a bar and a restaurant as well as free internet access.
You will find a pleasant and warm atmosphere in our rustic timber house. Our friendly and helpful staff will try and make your stay as comfortable as possible. There is no curfew so you can explore the resort at your own pace.

Accommodation Information

Restaurant, Bar, Non-Smoking Building, Family Rooms, Heating, Luggage Storage, Ski Storage, All Public and Private spaces non-smoking.

The Hostel offers dormitories with 6, 7 or 8 bunk beds. Shared toilets and showers are located outside the rooms. Included in the price are a mattress with a top sheet, a woolen blanket and a pillow with a pillow case.

The Matterhorn Hostel is located 100m from the main lift station and 200m from the center of town.
The hostel is equipped with 3 washrooms, spacious showers, a common lounge area with Satellite TV & DVD player, Fridge, Kettle, and a Microwave can be used during Reception Opening Times.

Tourist tax of 2.50 CHF per person and night is not included in the price and has to be paid upon arrival.

Location Information

City Center of Zermatt
Ski Lift to Schwarzsee, Gornergrat, Matterhorn Area, Italy
Train to Sunnegga and Gornergrat
Hiking Trails and Ski Slopes

The Matterhorn Hostel is home to Zermatt's most happening bar & restaurant; Sparky's Bar.
Open every night (closed in off season) from 16:00 till 24:00 providing Free Wi-Fi, Ski Movies, Live Sport Events and the Best Priced Drinks & Food in town.

See all Zermatt hostels