The Ginger Monkey Map
Hostel | 294 Zdiar, High Tatras, Slovakia 06401
3 out of 4 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (22/08/2013)
Irene Chan thinks…
"The staff, the location, the atmosphere... everything! I really really enjoyed my stay there. After spending the day hiking for hours, I was always warmly welcomed by the dogs and the staff when I…"Read all The Ginger Monkey reviews
- Car Parking
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Washing machines
- Late check-out
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Pets allowed
- Television room
- Luggage Room
Group of 15 or more traveling to High Tatras?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
GPS-enabled map and directions
1. Catch a bus down to Zakopane, they leave every 20 minutes from the main bus station and take around 2 hours
2. At Zakopane you have 2 choices, the first is to get the Strama, bus which leaves directly outside the bus station and will have a Poprad sign in the front window and takes 40 minutes. This comes directly to our village and cost 13 zloty. www.strama.eu
If the Strama bus is not arriving for a while you can get the local bus to Lysa Polana and walk over the border into Slovakia. They leave every 30 minutes and leave outside Zakopane bus station next to the Fis Bar.
Walk over the border and wait for the next bus to Poprad.
3. The bus drives through the village and you should be getting ready to get off as you see the petrol station.
4. Walk back up the road a little bit and head for the church, ask anyone for ‘Ginger Monkey’ and they should know where to send you, if they have a blank face, ask for ‘Costel’ this is Slovak for church and we are just behind it.
If you’re coming from Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Bratislava or Olomouc then you should head to the town of Poprad. When you’re there you are only 45 minutes from us.
1. The bus station is just outside the train station.
2. Catch the ‘Zdiar’ bus, usually from platform 4 or 5.
3. The bus takes around 45 minutes.
4. As you enter the village look out for the sign that says ‘Petrol Station 50 metres’ your stop is just around the corner.
5. Walk along the road and you will see the church. Head towards it and we will be waiting for you.
See images for a National and local maps.