Hostel | Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Scotland PH32 4DG
155 out of 161 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (08/09/2015)
"It was friendly, clean and comfortable. There was free tea, coffee, sugar and milk provided."Read all Morag's Lodge reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Washing machines
- Breakfast USD 5.49
- Towel USD 1.50
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Loch Ness?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Double Garden View (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Morag's Lodge
For Independent Travellers
‘Clean, colourful and well run hostel…with great views of Fort Augustus’.
Lonely Planet (Scotland)
We have has everything you need for a great stay in the heart of the Highlands.
• 4 star facilities, huge comfy beds and en-suite rooms
• Ideal for Independent travellers and walkers on the Great Glen Way
• Bar with open fire and regular live music
• Friendly, relaxed and welcoming atmosphere
• Breakfast, and evening meals available
• Linen Included in price
• Cycle shed and drying room
Morag’s Lodge (Loch Ness) offers a variety of quality accommodation to suit your needs and budget, from 4 and 6-bedded dorms to twins and doubles. All have huge comfy beds and most rooms have en-suite facilities. There is a fully equipped self-catering kitchen, dining room, TV lounge and bar with open fire and regular live music. Breakfast, packed lunches and dinner are also available.
For outdoor enthusiasts we have a great drying room and secure cycle storage. Our friendly and active staff can offer advice on local walks and cycle routes. The Great Glen Way passes the end of the driveway, we are an ideal stopover for the night.
Things to See and Do
* Relax by the Loch and try some Nessie spotting!
* Take a walk or cycle through the network of paths around the village.
* Enjoy a Loch Ness cruise
* Visit the Clansman Centre to find about Highland life in the 17th Century
* Get out there, great hillwalking, mountain biking, cycling and water sports available locally. Explore the Great Glen Way and the famous Corrieyairack Pass. In winter a range of snow sports are available at Nevis Range (45 mins drive)
Please be aware that rooms will not be ready until 3pm on your day of arrival. You can leave bags at the hostel until the room is ready. Check out is 1030 am