Guesthouse | Strada Ghetii nr. 395, Cartisoara, Romania 557075
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Airport Pickup USD 21.16
- Breakfast USD 4.23
If cancelled 14 days before arrival is free of charge, otherwise the property can charge you 30% of the total amount as penalty. For "no shows" the full amount will be charged.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 14 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Cartisoara?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Private Double Ensuite
Private Twin Ensuite
Private (double + single) Ensuite
About Casa Mosului
Casa Mosului villa offers 4-star housing conditions. The villa can accomodate 11 guests.
It has the following structure:
The ground floor
The ground floor includes:
living room (eating area, open fireplace, TV-cable, CD/DVD-player)
The living room is harmoniously divided, the open fireplace and the stairs made of stumps which leads to the attic, creates an unusual and original interior setting.
The rustic element prevails in the interior design without being overpowering. The rustic pieces have a real historical value and are hand made by a gifted artisan.
The kitchen is fully utilized: cooker, microwave oven, coffee pot, refrigerator, table, tableware, and toaster.
The attic has 5 rooms: 2 double rooms, 2 rooms with 2 beds and an apartment.
Each room has its own bathroom.
Three of the bedrooms have a balcony that looks out on the courtyard and has a special panorama of the Fagaras Mountains.
Goose feather pillows and blankets.
Television room with lcd screen and satellite channels.
The entrance area is cobbled with riverside stones and allows the parking of 5 cars. The courtyard is a green area having different fruit trees: apple trees, pear trees, plum trees, cherry trees, nut trees, special plants and flowers, all fed with the fresh water from the courtyard fountain. The courtyard has 1100 square meters.
The fresh air specific to the area invites you to use the alcove and the barbecue outside, to take a nap in the hammock, to read a book or to have a chat with your friends on the porch.
1. Carta Monastery, the ancient Cistercian monastery in the Fagaras region, presently the protestant church of the local German community, located on the left river side of Olt, between the cities Sibiu and Fagaras, near by the localities Carta (the German Kerz, Hungarian Kerc) and Cartisoara (the german Oberkerz).
2. Fagaras Mountains are part of the Meridional Carpathians, being the most impressive, wild and spectacular mountain chain of Romania. From east to west it has approximately 70 km and from north to south about 45 km. Fagaras Mountains look like a huge spinal column oriented from east to west having the sides oriented from north and south.
3. Transfagarasan (trans+fagaras) or DN7C is one of the most spectacular roads in Romania. The road connects the historical region of Transilvania and Muntenia. It was meant to cross Fagaras Moutains, the highest mountain chain of the Romanian Mountains, which is a part of the Meridional Carpathians.
It was opened on the 20th December 1974 and it connects Arefu and Arges with Cartisoara and Sibiu. The road climbs near 2000 meters; the gradated road uses windings to climb being a challenge for any car; due to the windings and the rise, the average speed is around 40 km/h. The road is usually closed from late October until late June because of the snow which covers the road. It has more tunnels and viaducts than any other road in Romania; next to its highest altitude, at Balea Lake, it passes through the longest tunnel in Romania (aprox. 1000 m)
4. Balea Lake is a glacier lake (formed in a glacier cirque) situated at 2.040 m, in Fagaras Mountains, Sibiu county. The size of the lake: 360 m in length, surface of 46508 square meters and 11, 35 m depth. Balea Lake and around 180 hectares were declared, in 1932, scientific reservation.
5. Balea Waterfall
6. "The Ethnographic and Memorial Museum Badea Cartan"
7. Cartisoara Trout Farm
8. Brancoveanu Monatery, Sambata de Sus