Casa das Taipas
Guesthouse | Rua das Taipas nº 15 - 17A, Porto, Portugal 4050-599
61 out of 64 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (23/04/2013)
"the hostel is very small, cosy and calm. the living room and the kitchen are quite big and you can find almost everything you need for cooking. the owner of the hostel was very nice, friendly and helpfull, we arrived…"Read all Casa das Taipas reviews
- Self-catering Facilities
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Laundry service
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Airport Pickup USD 18.98
- Towel USD 2.53
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 16:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Porto?Contact us directly
See other properties in Porto
Belomonte Self Catering Apartments
Dixo's Oporto Hostel
Riverside Apartments Porto
World Music Hostel
Casa dos Caldeireiros
Porto Alive Hostel
This micro-hostel is in a walking distance of all the top attractions in Porto: Ribeira (riverside), the Port wine cellars, the monuments, the downtown area, the typical marketplace and shops, the nightlife and many others.
Simplicity, comfort, friendliness and low cost make Casa das Taipas the ideal place for your stay in Porto.
See you soon :) Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Budget Double Garden View (Private bathroom)Self-catering
Quad Garden View (Private bathroom)Self-catering
Deluxe 1 Bedroom Apartment Garden View (Private bathroom)Self-catering
Deluxe 1 Bedroom Junior Suite Garden View (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Casa das Taipas
This 300 years old building was recently remodeled and equipped to provide visitors with a convenient and economical stay.
It is divided in 2 different areas:
- The room area, with 2 private rooms and a huge shared kitchen / living room with its original stone walls. Here guests can cook and take their meals, use the computer (free Internet and WiFi access) or just relax in the sofa while listen to some music.
- The one-bedroom apartment, completely private, with a big kitchen and a small loby with a computer (free Internet and WiFi access also).
Restaurants, monuments, riverside viewpoints, the small bars and coffee-shops, the steep tiny streets, the food and the wine all mixed together under the warm welcome of the locals, just a few steps away from the front door.
Our room types:
- The apartment (totally private) has one bedroom, a big kitchen, a living room and two bathrooms. It's children-friendly (no stairs at all) and fully equipped up to 4 people with one double bed and two single beds
- The 4 bed en-suite room has 4 single beds (2 regular + 1 bunk bed), a private bathroom and a shared fully equipped kitchen. Up to 4 persons.
- The 2 bed en-suite room has 1 bunk bed, a private bathroom and a shared fully equipped kitchen.
Bedsheets and linen are provided in every rooms, bathrooms with 24h hot showers.
Free PC usage and Internet access for wireless devices
Towels (1.50 Euros for each person, per stay)
Taxes Included in Price
Check in: after 4 p.m.
Check out: until 12:00 a.m.
Minimum stay: 2 days
Night time noise (silence): from 11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Payment: cash on arrival
Nearby you'll find supermarkets, very good and affordable restaurants, bars, coffeehouses, shops, a pharmacy, post-office and police station plus many other services.
Within a five minutes’ walking distance you can find top attractions of the city: the Palácio da Bolsa (Stock Exchange Palace), the Ribeira, Alfândega (Customs Building), Igreja de São Francisco (Church of St. Francis) and Torre dos Clérigos (Church of Clérigos with its famous bell tower), among many others.
In the surroundings area you can visit the Port Wine Cellars, take a cruise on the Douro River or enjoy the nightlife of Porto in the downtown area – the heart of the city.