Hostel | 1278 Haupapa St, Rotorua, New Zealand 3010
90 out of 95 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (26/11/2015)
Hazel Chan thinks…
"It's clean and well maintained. bed is comfortable. The dorm room I stayed in had enough space for the number of people staying in it. There are enough sinks toilets and bathrooms that there is no…"Read all YHA Rotorua reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Currency Exchange
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Pool table(s)
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Wheelchair accessible
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Outside area
- Television room
YHA Cancellations Policy • To cancel any bookings a NZ$5.00 cancellation fee applies per transaction. • For cancellations made before 6pm the day before arrival - full refund. • For cancellations made after 6pm the day before arrival - no refund for the first night. • Cancellations on bookings made on the day of arrival will receive no refund for the first night, normal cancellation policy applies for subsequent nights. • If you do not advise the Hostel the non-arrival clause applies.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 1 day before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Rotorua?Contact us directly
See other properties in Rotorua
BASE Rotorua, Hot Rock
Cactus Jacks Backpackers
Astray Motel And Backpackers
Blarneys Rock Backpackers
Spa Lodge Backpackers
The Grand Hotel
Rock Solid Backpackers
Rotorua Downtown Backpackers
Welcome to YHA Rotorua, Rotorua’s newest, most modern and purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
Dorm (6 beds)
Dorm (4 beds)
Dorm (4 beds) Female only
Dorm (4 beds) Male only
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Private Double Ensuite
Private Twin Ensuite
Private (double + single)
Deluxe Double (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About YHA Rotorua
This Rotorua hostel has a choice of indoor or outdoor dining with a spacious modern kitchen as well a large outdoor deck and BBQ. Communal backpacker facilities include a comfortable separate lounge and TV room with lots of DVDs to watch and a coin operated laundry service.
Our hostel is also an active member of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter - recycling, energy efficiency and biodegradable laundry powders and cleaning products are just some of the measures taken at YHA Rotorua.
As Rotorua is the ultimate tourist destination, offering a huge range of sightseeing attractions and activities to suit every taste and budget, we want to make sure your stay in Rotorua is enjoyable and memorable. At YHA Rotorua, activities and travel desk we can arrange unbeatable discounts on a range of Rotorua activities including geo-thermal tours, Maori cultural evenings and awesome outdoor adventures.
YHA Cancellations Policy
• To cancel any bookings a NZ$5.00 cancellation fee applies per transaction.
• For cancellations made before 6pm the day before arrival - full refund.
• For cancellations made after 6pm the day before arrival - no refund for the first night.
• Cancellations on bookings made on the day of arrival will receive no refund for the first night, normal cancellation policy applies for subsequent nights.
• If you do not advise the Hostel the non-arrival clause applies.
There is a wide range of accommodation to choose from at YHA Rotorua: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, 3 bed share rooms, standard double rooms, twin/double en-suite rooms and a family room featuring a double bed and 2 singles.
Special features at YHA Rotorua that backpackers love:
• This Rotorua hostel is stylish and new - designed with comfort and security in mind.
• A wide range of budget backpacker accommodation options –fresh linen provided in all rooms. We also provide towels for all private rooms.
• Excellent modern self-catering kitchen as well as outdoor BBQ area and sun deck.
• Plenty of on-site parking.
• Separate lounge and TV room with free DVD collection.
• Centrally heated throughout.
• High speed internet access.
• Plenty of separate male and female bathrooms
• Free luggage storage and secure coin lockers available
• Cot available on request
Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua, offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes’ walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and the beautiful Lake Rotorua.