Albatross Backpacker Inn
Hostel | 1 Torquay Street, Kaikoura, New Zealand 7300
143 out of 162 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (11/02/2013)
gordon potts thinks…
"friendly helpfull owners,spacious common areas and kitchen, lots of outside space and seating areas location only 10 mins walk to shops."Read all Albatross Backpacker Inn reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 12:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Kaikoura?Contact us directly
** HostelBookers Awards for Excellence 2010 - Ranked top 3 property in Oceania **
The Hostel with Soul! Characterful historic building filled with music, art, food and good company! Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Double (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Twin (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Albatross Backpacker Inn
What we offer you:
- Spacious lounge filled with art by world travellers, musical instruments and plenty of space to relax.
- Funky well-equipped kitchen with complimentary herbs, spices, cooking oil and Fairtrade Organic tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
- Warm, comfortable rooms with heaters in each and fully made beds.
- An Art Corner for creating masterpieces!
- Guitars, ukuleles, hand drums and songbooks.
- Loads of fun board games and well-stocked book exchange.
- Regular group dinners, BBQ's in summer and hot puddings by the log fire in winter.
- Sunny garden with a gas BBQ, lots of tables and herbs & vegies for you to pick.
- Free bikes. Cyclist specials and lockable bike storage.
- Lots of good local info and advice, free guide book rental, onward travel booking.
Come join us for our next Curry Night, a Jam Session or an epic round of "Kaikouropoly"!
Ben and Katie look forward to welcoming you to The Albatross.
We have 4 and 6 bed dorms as well as private Single, Twin and Double rooms. Some of our beds are semi-enclosed with curtains and reading lamps.
All rooms are heated and have fully made-up beds with linen supplied. We also supply fresh towels in all private rooms.
We are 800m from the isite, around 5 minutes walking from the bus stop and 15 minutes walk from the train station.