Albatross Backpacker Inn
Hostel | 1 Torquay Street, Kaikoura, New Zealand 7300
154 out of 174 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (15/01/2015)
"Very friendly Clean & comfy Good kitchen Period building with character Free bikes"Read all Albatross Backpacker Inn reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bicycle hire
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 12:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Kaikoura?Contact us directly
Winner of HostelBookers BEST ATMOSPHERE New Zealand 2010 and 2011!
The Hostel with Soul! Characterful historic building filled with music, art, food and good company! Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Double (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Twin (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Albatross Backpacker Inn
What we offer you:
- Spacious lounge filled with art by world travellers, musical instruments and plenty of space to relax.
- Funky well-equipped kitchen with complimentary herbs, spices, cooking oil and Fairtrade Organic tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
- Warm, comfortable rooms with heaters in each and fully made beds.
- An Art Corner for creating masterpieces!
- Guitars, ukuleles, hand drums and songbooks.
- Loads of fun board games and well-stocked book exchange.
- Regular group dinners, BBQ's in summer and hot puddings by the log fire in winter.
- Sunny garden with a gas BBQ, lots of tables and herbs & vegies for you to pick.
- Free bikes. Cyclist specials and lockable bike storage.
- Shared bathroom and laundry facilities.
- Lots of good local info and advice, free guide book rental, onward travel booking.
Come join us for our next BBQ, a Jam Session or an epic round of "Kaikouropoly"!
Ben and Katie look forward to welcoming you to The Albatross.
We have comfy, fully-made 4 share rooms, 6 bed dorms and private Twin and Double rooms including towels and reading lamps.
No guests under 18 please.
If you need anything else such as extra pillows, towels, blankets, hot water bottles, hair dryers, reading lamps, guide books, adaptors or just a cup of tea and a chat, all these things are available free of charge!
We are 800m from the isite, 5 minutes walking from the bus stop and 15 minutes walk from the train station.