Point Break Backpackers
Hostel | 6 Union Street, New Brighton, Christchurch, New Zealand 8061
118 out of 153 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (28/12/2014)
"It was close to the sea and beach. There was a supermarket fairly near the hostel. You were allowed to drink in the hostel."Read all Point Break Backpackers reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Pool table(s)
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Bicycle hire
- Reception (limited hours)
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Television room
- Towel USD 2.32
- Luggage Room
Hostel Conditions: Office hours: 8.00 a.m. to 22:00 . daily Check-in time: 13:00. Check-out time: 10.00 a.m. If arriving after 22:00. please contact the hostel to arrange a late check-in. Early check-in between 9:00 a.m. to 13:00. will depend on room availability. A copy of your confirmation paper and cash payment balance due is required at check-in time. $50 key deposit is required at check-in time. Group bookings are welcome. Cancellation Policy Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to Agency are non-refundable. Check-in / Check-out 13:00 / 10:00
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 13:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Christchurch?Contact us directly
See other properties in Christchurch
Avon City Backpackers
The Old Countryhouse
Bealey Avenue Motel
Dorset House Backpackers
We have available budget and cosy dorms or private rooms in a friendly atmosphere, equipped facilities, good connections to the city center and the ocean on the door step. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
2 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Single (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
Twin (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
Double (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
Family Room (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included
About Point Break Backpackers
Are you looking for work and stay long term? We can support you in your job search and provide cheap weekly rates for long stay.
We look forward to seeing you here!
• Tea and coffee all day
• Wi-Fi 24h (50MB allowance per night), free local calls and computer access
• Assistance with job searches and practical advice
• Movie and quiz nights!
• Security lockers and Luggage storage
• Travel desk at recpetion to book all sorts of activities around NZ and Australia!
• Car park
• WINTER ONLY - Continental breakfast weekdays (excluding public holidays) (toast, spreads and tea/coffee!)
Available for Rent:
Surfboards and Wet suit, bikes, unicycle, boogie-board, towels and more..
Arrival and Asking:
• Office hours from 8am to 10pm daily, Winter hours subject to change
• 24 hours check-in available with prior arrangement
• check-in time 1pm / check-out time10am
• If arriving after 10pm please contact the hostel by email or phone us to arrange a late check-in. Early check-in between 9am to 1pm will depend on room availability.
• An identification, confirmation paper and $50 key deposit are required at check-in time (cards and cash accepted).
• free Wi-Fi 24h (50MB per night), fax/ printing and scanning service, free local calls, computer access during office hours
• Fully equipped kitchen, pool room, TV room with DVD and Book exchange library
• Café with delicious coffee and homemade food. ALL GUESTS RECIEVE 10% OFF ALL FOOD ITEMS AND FREE WIFI WITH PURCHASES
• Free car parking and luggage storage
• Bike, unicycle, surfboard and boogie-board hire
• Night manager on duty
• Dorm-, Single-, Twin- or Double room, Family room
• with heater
• TV and DVD in private rooms
• All rooms equipped with table and chairs
• Daily cleaning service
We are a booking agent for Kiwi Experience, Stray and all srts of activities around NZ!
Located in the charming suburb New Brighton in a popular pedestrian zone with lots of shops (Countdown and 2nd hand stores 2 mins walk!), restaurants and bars!
The beach with the pier and the library! Have a swim, surf, or read and relax, fish or play sports, whatever you like!
Bus stop outside the door. Great connection to Airport, City center and everywhere else.
Connection to airport: SHUTTLE SERVICE (extra cost) on request 24h a day
- in the surrounding: the Botanical Gardens, Canterbury Museum, Cowles Stadium and the casino.
Point Break Backpackers
6 Union Street corner Beresford Street
New Brighton 8061 Christchurch NZ