Bob's Youth Hostel
Hostel | Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, Amsterdam, Netherlands 1012 SG
735 out of 1032 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (24/05/2015)
ANTONIO MARCIO MENDONÇA DO CARMO thinks…
"Péssimo atendimento. Não recomendo, apenas válido pela localização."Read all Bob's Youth Hostel reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Reception (limited hours)
- Common area / room
- Internet access in public areas
- Towel USD 1.10
- Luggage Room
Bob's Youth Hostel needs you to state an arrival time when booking. Failing to do this may incur in cancellation of your booking. Please note that: - We have a cancellation policy of 48-hours. If you cancel too late or if you don't show up we charge you the first night of the reservation. - We have age restrictions; we can not accept people under 18 or above 30 years old. - We accept cash only, so please remember this when you come over to the hostel. Please note that if your payment exceeds a 1000 euros we will ask you to transfer the money in advance. For any questions about this policy please send us an email.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Tax Policy (payable to property)
Visitors Tax 5.50%
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 10:30
Group of 15 or more traveling to Amsterdam?Contact us directly
See other properties in Amsterdam
Hotel Hostel Mevlana
Bed and Breakfast Groenendael
Hostel Continental City Centre
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
16 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
16 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
4 person (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
6 person (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Bob's Youth Hostel
Today, Bob's is still a cool place with nice people on a central location. We offer the cheapest beer in town, good music and a free and relaxing atmosphere. Besides that we have a very friendly staff that allows our guests to smoke joints in the reception area most of the time... so you can enjoy Amsterdam to the maximum here!
Here are some details on Bob's dormitories:
- No curfew!
- Clean linen is included
- The reception is open from 08:00 AM until 03:00 AM
- Bar open from 8am to 3am with the cheapest beer in town!
- Free use of lockers to store your bags (deposit required for the key)
- Check-in at 14pm
- Check-out before 10.30
- Free use of luggage room
- The 5.5% tourist tax is not included.
- You can pay by cash or with card, if you pay by card we will ask for an extra 2% on top of the price
Please note that:
- We have a cancellation policy of 48-hours. If you cancel too late or if you don't show up we charge you the first night of the reservation.
- We keep your beds reserved for 2 hours (local time) after given arrival time. It's your responsibility to contact the hostel if you are delayed, otherwise we have the right to charge your first night stay and cancel the booking.
- We have age restrictions; we can not accept people under 18 or above 30 years old.
- If your booking exceeds a 1000 euros we will ask you to transfer the money to us in advance.
- In the weekend (friday/saturday) we have a minimum-stay of 2 nights.
Bob's Youth Hostel is a basic hostel, but has all you need if you are a laid back traveler that wants to meet nice people and enjoy Amsterdam fully.
Our dorm rooms have 4 to 20 beds. It is possible to book a 4, 6 or 8-bed dorm just for your group.
PLEASE NOTE: If you book a 4, 6 or 8-bed private dorm with private bathroom that means you will have your own private shower and wash stand. The toilet is shared with one other small dorm.
Bob thought it would be nice to locate his hostel in the center of Amsterdam, and so he did! It is only 5 minutes from Central Station and Dam Square. The red-light is close by, and so is the Anne Frank house. On top of that, there are dozens of bars and venues in the direct; Bob was wise in choosing his location: tramlines 1, 2, 5, 13 and 17 from central station stop right in front of the door, and they’ll take you almost anywhere.
Thanks to his insight, you won’t have to walk too much. Everybody says: ‘thank you Bob’!