Hostel | Mwamba Dr. #69, Nyali, Mombasa, Kenya PO BOX 2405-80100
4 out of 6 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (08/04/2014)
Terry Archer thinks…
"Great place to relax. Near to beach and good security. Referrals to other hostels along the coast in Kenya. Assisted with any inquiries. Booked to return here after a couple of nights away at…"Read all Mombasa Backpackers reviews
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour hot showers
- Swimming Pool
- Airport Pickup USD 11.01
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Mombasa?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Mombasa Backpackers
- The only backpackers in Kenya with a well-maintained swimming pool
- free trial pool dives done by 5 star PADI Buccaneer Diving and 10% DISCOUNT if you dive with them.
- We offer the fastest WIFI (uplink 256 kbps/ downlink 1024Kbps)
- Book exchange
- Chef on site from 7am til 10pm with an extensive budget menu
- Kitchen facilities (fridge, stove for guests)
- Massive BBQ most Fridays.
- DSTV Cable/USB compatible/Plasma TV- in a lounge room full of couches, and mattresses with pillows on the floor for you to relax while watching your movie.
- A second plasma TV with DSTV cable at the BAR for sports and news (TV volume is on mute at all times expect on special matches, bar speakers have a jack for you to share your music with us). Feel free to let us know if there is a particular game you wish to watch while staying with us. Let it be cricket, rugby, surfing, football, baseball, etc.
- A well-stocked bar, more than 30 local/imported beers plus shots, drinks, mixers.
- Hookah (assorted flavors for your Shisha Pipe)
- 7 toilets and 5 showers throughout the whole perimeter, in great shape for backpacker standards.
- North American Tattoo Artists waiting for you to get inked (with tattoo equipment brought from the States)
- Many indoor/outdoor chill out areas
- Friends with the best water sport centers/Backpackers in East Africa offering sweet deals to our clients.
- sweet check out time of NOON. (If leaving later than noon, the option of leaving your luggage in our storage room and enjoy our facilities at no extra charge)
- Drinking games and board games on sight.
- Info on spots to kite-surf and scuba dive on the whole Kenyan Coast.
- Info on safaris.
- Well up-to-date info about travelling/backpacking in the region
- Laundry area
- Storage room (to drop most of your stuff and travel light while your crossing/vagabondage/kite surfing the Kenyan coast).
Mombasa Backpackers offers:
Dorm beds: 1000ksh
single/double rooms shared facilities: 1300/2500ksh
*All prices are inclusive of 16% VAT, and 2% Training Levy. Free tea and coffee until noon, free access to the fastest WIFI of any backpackers in East Africa.
*Bed linen, towels, Mosquito nets, fans and lockers in all rooms.
Mwamba Drive, #69. Nyali.
We are located on Mwamba Drive, house with a black gate #69 (right before the 'Sunrise Resort Apartments'. Off Links road ). by the Kenol Petrol Station on the Mtwapa Rd. right behind Nakumatt City Mall in a suburb north of Mombasa called Nyali, far away from chaotic city centre, that way you can't smell it nor hear it, but still within easy reach (15min by public transport). Described as having the best location in the whole of Mombasa. We are second row from beach so we have lots of sea breeze. We are a mere 4 solid minute walk to the beach and 5 minute walk to the biggest Nakumatt in Town/ Malindi Road which has a wide range of options of public transport. As well as many shops and restaurants near by.