Guesthouse | 1-5-8 Uemachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan 540-0005
196 out of 213 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (31/10/2010)
"This was the best hostel we stayed at in Japan. First night we joined in a free Japanese calligraphy class, and the second night there was a live band. Dorm beds are Japanese style, half on the floor, half loft-style,…"Read all Guesthouse U-en reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Washing machines
- Bicycle hire
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Internet café
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 16:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Osaka?Contact us directly
See other properties in Osaka
Hotel MyStays Otemae
Osaka Castle Guesthouse
A La Maison
Hotel MyStays Sakaisuji-Honmachi
Tani9 Backpackers Osaka
Namba Plaza Hotel
Staying for a week? Our 10 beds dorm is only 1800 yen / night.
What’s better than cheap rent? No utility fees or security deposits! Long-term guests at U-En pay no additional utility fees, making us an extremely affordable alternative to conventional hostels and short-term apartments. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
About Guesthouse U-en
U-En isn’t just quirky and fun—it's safe. Our staff is available 24 hours a day and ready to help you with any problems you might have, making U-En a worry-free option for solo travelers desiring added security.
* Centrally located in Osaka Easy Access to all Kansai area.
With Osaka’s loop line just a few minutes down the street, it’s easy to get from U-En without hassle to just about anywhere in Osaka. It’s only a five minute subway ride to Namba and Shinsaibashi, and a quick walk to Tsuruhashi, Osaka’s Korean neighborhood. Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe are all easy day trips, only 40–50 minutes away. Wherever you’re heading in Kansai, it won’t feel very far away. This makes U-En a great option for anyone working, studying or traveling around Osaka.
* Try living in an international guesthouse! Practice your language skills in a multicultural atmosphere.
Since many of our guests are visiting Japan from other countries, U-En is the perfect fit for anyone who would like to make friends and build connections with travellers from all over the world. Our first floor boasts a spacious lounge and café with plenty of room to mingle with other guests or relax with a manga from the café’s library. Click here to see photos of U-En’s interior.
* Free internet and Wi-Fi!
Guests at U-En enjoy free wireless internet access 24 hours a day. U-En also has two computers that guests can use any time they like free of charge.
* Our staff is available 24 hours a day.
All the staff members at U-En speak both English and Japanese, and some speak other languages such as Korean. If you can’t speak Japanese or you’re still a beginner, don’t worry! We’ll help you get settled and make sure your stay is pleasant and comfortable.
1) All prices include taxes.
2) Rates are per person.
3) All rooms are Japanese style with tatami mats. No shoes please!
4) All rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted in the first-floor lounge.
5) Luggage storage is available any time after 8 AM.
6) Heating and electricity are included in the nightly rate. Guests pay no additional utility fees.
7) Neither shared nor private rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, showers, televisions or telephones. Bathrooms and showers are shared by all guests.
8) At present, U-En is not handicap-accessible. All rooms are located on the 2nd floor. Bathrooms are located on the 1st and 3rd floors.
9) There is no drying machine on premises. Indoor and outdoor drying racks are available. Coin-operated dryers are easily accessible at nearby Laundromats.
10) The minimum stay is one week (seven nights). If you’re wishing to stay for less than seven nights, please consider our sister facility TEN Hostel and Café Osaka!
Here’s a breakdown of average times to popular local attractions:
*Namba & Shinsaibashi (Dotonbori) 5-10 minutes by train
*Osaka (Umeda) station 15-20 minutes by train
*Central Kyoto 60 minutes by train
*Central Kobe 50 minutes by train
*Kansai International Airport 60 minutes by train (JR Line)
*Osaka Castle 20 minutes on foot
We are located ten minutes on foot from Tamatsukuri Station on the Osaka Loop Line, within walking distance of Osaka Castle (Osaka-jo) Park. It's only 10 minutes by train to the city’s largest entertainment areas, Shinsaibashi and Namba. U-En’s central location makes it easy to make day trips to Kyoto, Nara, Koyasan, Himeji, the islands of the Inland Sea and basically anywhere in the Kansai area!
In the neighborhood just nearby U-En there are countless independent restaurants, shops and bars and several old-fashioned shopping arcades. An uncommonly high number of homes and buildings in the area survived the decimation of World War II, making a walk through the backstreets of Tamatsukuri feel like a trip through a Japanese time machine.