bAKpAK Gion Hostel
Hostel | 2 - 244 Miyagawa Suji, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan 605-0801
190 out of 207 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (15/10/2014)
Ruth Binns thinks…
"Really nice and comfy common room (they put a new rug and furniture in while I was staying too! :D), lots of dvds if you wanted to stay in, free tea and coffee, big sink and fridge. The 8 bed dorm…"Read all bAKpAK Gion Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Washing machines
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- Common area / room
- Television room
- Towel USD 1.10
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 15:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Kyoto?Contact us directly
See other properties in Kyoto
Gojo Guesthouse Annex
Khaosan Kyoto Guest House
Peace House Sakura (Sakura House)
Santiago Guesthouse Kyoto
Backpackers Hostel K's House Kyoto
Guest Inn Chita
Gion Bakpak Hostel is situated in the very center of Kyoto. From our location, you can easily access to the most important World Cultural Heritages by walking, and by using the public transportation (Subway, Trains, Buses). Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
4 person (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Twin (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About bAKpAK Gion Hostel
Welcome to bAKpAK Gion Hostel, Kyoto, Japan.
Centrally located in downtown Kyoto, in the traditional Gion district, it is a hostel for backpackers from worldwide with warm and laid back stmosphere. With our perfect location, you can experience the rich culture of both ancient and modern Kyoto. (If you are lucky enough, you might even bump into a Geisha !)
- Whats in our neighbourhood ? -
* The main Kyoto shopping area - traditional Nishiki food market, modern shopping malls.
* Endless restaurants lined up in the streets - from Japanese cousine to Western cousine. Any type of food.
* Night entertainment - pubs, bars, karaoke houses, clubs, the wonderous streets of Gion with lanterns.
* Sightseeing spot - Gion area, Kiyomizu temple, Yasaka shrine, Kinkakuji temple, Ebisu shrine, and many many more !
Reception hour 10:00-21:00
Cleaning time 11:00-15:00
* Check in time: 15:00~21:00 (*Need to notify the hotel if arriving late)
* Check out time: before 11:00
- Cancellation Policy -
(Based on our Reception business hour in Japan Standard Time) :
-No charge for cancellations or modification 3 days or earlier prior to your arrival date.
* Cancellations or modification 2 days prior to your arrival date. -50% of the first night rate shall be charged.
* Cancellations or modification 1 days prior to your arrival date. -100% of the first night rate shall be charged.
* Cancellations or modification on your arrival date. -100% of the first night + 50% of the second night (in the case you book more than 2 nights) rate shall be charged.
* NO SHOW -If we could not confirm your arrival by 22:00 , we consider the guest as NO SHOW CASE and we cancel the booking. Please note that we charge 100% of the amount of your booking.
FAQ & Information
*Is there a curfew?
*Do you take credit cards & paypal payments ?
No, we only accept cash for payment.
*Do you have age restriction?
Children aged under 10 years old are restricted.
*Do you provide breakfast?
No, but we do provide free tea and coffee and towels for hire. Also, the Kitchen Area is free of use with fridgerator, microwave, and toaster. Additionally, there is a 24 Hour Supermarket next door .
*Do I have to bring my sleeping bag or linen?
No, you don't need to bring a sleep bag or linen they are all provided for free with no charge.
*Do you accept large group reservation?
Yes, we do accept reservations for groups!
-Gion area * 5 mins
-Kiyamachi * 5mins
-Hanmikoji street * 10 mins
-Nishiki food market *10 mins
-Teramachi shopping street 10 mins
-Kenninji temple 5mins
-Yasaka shrine 10 mins
-Kinkakuji temple 1hour by bus
-Keihan Train, -Gion Sijo Station -5mins
-Hankyu train-Kawaramachi Station- 10mins
* Kyoto station -15mins?bus or train