Guesthouse | San Marco 2503/A, Venice, Italy 30124
35 out of 40 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (01/05/2013)
Russell Trimmer thinks…
"The location. Very close the San Marco Piazza. Living in an area just like Venice folk. Removing the tourist layer that can often insulate you from where you are."Read all Locanda Barbarigo reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Internet access in public areas
- Breakfast USD 12.84
- Luggage Room
Cancellation policy - From 7 to 3 days before arrival: 1 Night cost - From 2 days before arrival to 1 day before arrival: 1 Night cost + 25% of total value - No Cancellation, No Show: 100% of total value. Cancellations must be received in writing by letter, fax or e-mail. Children up to 2 years old: free of charge.*** The rooms are inside the Locanda Barbarigo. The one bedroom apartment is locate outside the building 5 minutes walking distance.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 7 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 12:00
Latest Check-out: 10:30
Group of 15 or more traveling to Venice?Contact us directly
See other properties in Venice
Albergo San Samuele
San Marco Apartments
Hotel Alla Fava
Ca' Maria Callas
Locanda Armizo Hotel
Enter dates to check prices
About Locanda Barbarigo
Nearest waterbus stop: Santa Maria del Giglio.
The Palace is made up of two floors: a large staircase takes you from the ground floor, with a small and nice reception, to a noble second floor where all the beautiful rooms are situated. Breakfast is served in this charming old Venetian atmosphere.
Finely restored Locanda Barbarigo has been obtained by a part of the namesake, ancient and noble 'Palazzo Barbarigo' that used to belong to the Barbarigo’s Family.
The name 'Barbarigo' is most probably derived from the Arrigo family who won the war against the Saraceni in IX century.
He cut his beard and made a crown, here is the origin of this word: barba, beard, of Arrigo: BARBARIGO. In the X century the Barbarigo, together with the Jubania, built the Church of Santa Maria del Giglio.
The Family had two Bishops, one Patriarch and three Cardinale. One them was Gregorio Giovanni Barbarigo who was born exactly in the same Fondamenta where the Locanda itself is located, (called Fondamenta Duodo/Barbarigo).
Locanda Barbarigo’s bedrooms are tastefully decorated in the XVIII century Venetian style. They all offer: individual climate system control, cable/satellite TV, mini bar service, direct telephone, electronic safe, bathroom accessories and hairdryer. Some of the bedrooms also offer a delightful view on a typical 'canale' where gondolas glide by.
• Detailed and accurate management;
• Luggage care for late check out and/or early check in;
• Museums, concerts and restaurants reservations;
• Tours suggestions and reservations;
• Free entrance ticket in one of the oldest Glass Factories located in Murano Island;
• 10%-20% off ticket for the 'Garage San Marco' car parking, located in Piazzale Roma;
• Free entrance ticket for the Venice Casino’.
• Laundry service;
• Baby sitting service on request ( 24hrs in advance);
• Baby cot on request;
• Extra bed on request;
• Daily newspapers;
• Private transfers from/to the Airport to the Locanda with private car, minibus and/or private water taxi;
• Personal Shopper service on request ( 24hrs in advance);
• Tour Leader/Assistant on request ( 24hrs in advance);
• Gondola Tours reservation.
***Check-in 12.00 pm
Check-out 10.30 am
- From 10 to 5 days before arrival: 1 Night cost
- From 5 days before arrival to 0 day before arrival: 100% of total value
- No Cancellation, No Show: 100% of total value.
Cancellations must be received in writing by letter, fax or e-mail.
Children up to 2 years old: free of charge.***
The rooms are inside the Locanda Barbarigo.
The one bedroom apartment is located outside the building .
Time of arrival required