Barnacles Quay Street House
Hostel | 10 Quay Street, Galway, Ireland --
204 out of 232 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (02/04/2014)
jenine hulzebosch thinks…
"the staff was very nice and helpfull. Also the location was perfect. the atmosphere in the hostel was good!"Read all Barnacles Quay Street House reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Currency Exchange
- Free city tour
- Games room
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour reception
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Late check-out
- Laundry service
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Internet café
- Onsite shop(s)
- Television room
- Luggage Room USD 1.38
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Galway?Contact us directly
See other properties in Galway
Barnacles Galway 2 bed Apartments
Barnacles Galway 1 Bedroom Apartments
Kinlay Hostel Eyre Square
Sleepzone Galway City
Galway City Hostel
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
12 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
6 Bed Dorm - Female only (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Twin (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Double (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Triple (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
4 person (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
About Barnacles Quay Street House
All bookings include free breakfast, free wifi in rooms and free walking tour of Galway!
Barnacles Quay Street Hostel is rated among the top 10 hostels in the whole of Ireland!
We’ve got the best location in Galway; we’re right in the heart of the city’s nightlife and entertainment on the pedestrian-only Quay Street, across from the Quays pub and under a minute’s walk to other bars, pubs, nightclubs and entertainment. No other hostel is this close to the action and atmosphere of Galway.
Free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, free linen, a free walking tour of Galway, free discounted tours booking, free fun events and free maps are included as a standard!
With top-rated staff, clean rooms, tight security and 24-hour reception you know you’ll be looked after.
With our large common room and self-catering kitchen, we want to make sure that at Barnacles you feel right at home.
Meet new friends, play some games, or just go out and enjoy Galway – we’re at the heart of it!
Heading to Dublin as well? Barnacles Temple Bar House can be your next stop.
• Barnacles is situated in the heart of Galway on the pedestrian street Quay Street
• We are minutes walk from everywhere - cafes, pubs, transport, internet cafes, banks and heaps more
• Close to tourist sites like Eyre Square, Spanish Arch, Lynch’s Castle
Heaps of fun
• Our staff are young, helpful and friendly, as well as knowledgeable on what’s on and what to do in and around Galway
• Quay Street is the heart of Galway’s nightlife, and with no curfew there are many pubs and bars to explore
• If you want to stay in we have a huge DVD collection with regular group movie nights and a PS2
Comforts of Home:
• In our cozy rooms the hot shower and comfy mattresses will ensure you have a good rest
• Every room comes with an en-suite bathroom
• We can make your stay easier, from having the basics for hire - like hair dryers, adapters and alarm clocks - to doing your laundry and cooking you dinner
• Our housekeeping team are permanent and professional staff who care about what they do
• All dorms and en-suite bathrooms are cleaned daily and beds made with fresh linen
Safe and secure
• Reception is staffed 24 hours per day
• All rooms have electronic security card access keys
• We have a secure room, accessible 24 hours a day, available for luggage and for your valuables, and safety deposit boxes are available
• We have all the facilities you need – free light breakfast, free internet access and WIFI, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry service, tour ticket desk, and more
• It is less than a 5 minute walk to the supermarkets, convenience stores, banks and the post office
• Parking (discounted rate) only 2 minutes walk away and the train and bus station are only 5 minutes walk away
Open 365 days a year!