Carpe Noctem (original)
Hostel | Szobi utca 5, Floor 3 / 8a, Budapest, Hungary 000
84 out of 88 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (20/01/2015)
"The crew here were the reddest bunch of dudes out. Super open and friendly. The hostel was kept clean and functional and just when you thought this was the best place you've stayed you discover there's FREE EGGS. Best…"Read all Carpe Noctem (original) reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Late check-out
- Laundry service
- Communal kitchen
- Luggage Room
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT GROUPS OF MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE. ANY BOOKINGS FOR MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE WILL BE CANCELLED AND YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DEPOSIT.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 0:00
Latest Check-out: 15:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Budapest?Contact us directly
See other properties in Budapest
Interflat Hostel & Apartments
West Side Hostel
Tiger Tim's Place
Caterina Private Rooms and Apartments
Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum
Sexy tractor Hostel
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Carpe Noctem (original)
Do you want to...
- Be a single traveller meeting other single travellers in a homely, cosy and friendly atmosphere?
- Be given a warm welcome and a detailed introduction of the city with all the hot spots for sight seeing, pubs, bars, restaurants and clubs?
- Be introduced to other guests so you can instantly make friends for your travels...if not life?
- Feel like you are staying at a mate's house, chilling on bean bags and drinking free tea and coffee until beer o'clock?
- Go sight seeing with guests/friends you have just met?
- Go out every night on pub crawls, karaoke nights, cheap drink nights, live music nights?
- Be taken out by staff to cool underground places unseen on the common traveler’s route?
- Have the option of staying in and watching films or chilling on the free Internet if going out is too much for you?
- Feel like you are staying in a community style place not just a bed in a room?
- Save money by taking staff recommendations for cheap places, and using the specially negotiated food and drink deals for you?
- Be given all the help, advice and assistance for your entire stay in Budapest and beyond if needs be?
- Stay in a place that doesn't believe in hidden charges so wants to give you as much for free as possible?
If you like all these options then Carpe Noctem is probably the right place for you. We are reviewed more than any other hostel in the city, because we have been successful in making single travellers and small groups of people feel relaxed in a home away from home atmosphere, making them feel like they are hanging out with friends rather than feeling isolated in a large hostel.
We should also mention that we have a noise curfew at 9pm so that if you want to party, we will take you out in the city to do so to allow resident guests and neighbors to sleep in peace, or people to chill in the hostel after this time.
We have 8 bed dorms all with their own character, and with shared facilities. There is a mixture of bunk beds and single beds allocated on a first come first served basis.
We are well traveled staff and have all been in hostels where we have been frustrated by simple things which should be done right...which is why we offer:
* Free tea and coffee, not just when you arrive, all the time (and none of this European yellow label stuff, we get PG tips imported from UK)
* Free padlock hire
* Free use of lockers
* Free use of electronic staff safe
* Free towel hire
* Free bed linen (who charges for that anyway???)
* Beds made for you when you arrive
* Free Internet use on at least two guest laptops, sometimes more
* Orthopedic mattresses
* Air conditioning
* Electronic entry system... (No more charges for lost keys!)
* Free use of Skype headsets
* Smoking area
* Laundry service available
* 24 hour check in
* Very relaxed check out times (you can check any time you like but you can never leave!)
* Free use of guidebooks, and book exchange available
* Free use of kitchen for you to cook...or for us to cook for you!
* No curfew (it's called Carpe Noctem..... so seize the night!)
You will soon discover that Budapest is a large spread out city, but we are extremely fortunate in that you can walk to all the main sites including, House of Terror, Oktogon, Szechenyi Thermal Baths, City Park, Andrassy Avenue, St Istvan's Basilica, Freedom Square, The Danube, Parliament all within 10-15 minutes. Should you want to feel lazy and take public transport, we are surrounded by the most amount of public transport options, with the blue metro, yellow metro, 4/6 tram route, night bus route and trolley bus routes being just on our doorstep so there is no excuse to ever be stranded. We are a 10 minute trolley bus ride from the international train station, 8 stops on the metro from the international bus station, and just one direct train from Airport 1. In addition to this we are just off the main road which has pubs, cafes, bars, restaurants, 24 hour shops and clubs on it so there is no need to stray far for whatever you need, yet we are located on a quiet cobbled side street so you don't have to listen to the noise from traffic.