Travelers Friendship Hostel
Hostel | E1, 13/F, Mirador Mansion, 58-62 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon Hong Kong, Hong Kong 0000
39 out of 86 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (27/10/2013)
"Great location, i got a nice room good for 6 pax but we are only 5 persons. If I come back again to hongkong i will not hesitate to book again to travelers friendship hostels. Staff are also accomodating for us."Read all Travelers Friendship Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- No curfew
- Currency Exchange
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- Elevator / lift(s)
- Internet access in public areas
1. Please come ot check-in at the reception: Flat D1, 13/F, Mirador Hostel, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong 2. Any cancellation or booking changes must be before 48 hours. 3. Please print out the confirmation email or the booking changing form (if you have any) and bring it to the reception and show to the reception manager. 4. Please call us at the airport or pier once you have arrived! 5. We are the only few hostels that accept credit card payment, 3% service fee is charged by bank. 6. We have a large variety of rooms which can accomodate all your needs and wants. Please do no hesitate to request for upgrade with up to 10% off. We ask our precious customers to read the whole passage below thoroughly so that you will solve most of the possible problems or have a clearer picture about our hostels, or even hong kong hostel-style. 1. The agency does not have the categorization-of-room-ty pe function on their website at present (they are establishing now). We can only sell our standard rooms on their website. So we fail to differentiate our deluxe rooms from other hostels. 2. Foreign customers from America and Europe easily have wrong expectation because the hostel in their country are large with a comparable low price because their country is large also. 3. As above, they always think the rooms of hostels in Hong Kong are very tiny. That's what I always observe form the reviews on the website. They think they should receive similar rooms in Hong Kong as they got in their country with the same price. They don't understand that the land in Hong Kong is among the highest in the world. 4. Customers, after traveling to the mainland China, always complain that our rooms are tiny as compared with what they get in China. They don't understand that China is a still developing country. Their land is a lot cheaper than that in Hong Kong. Though Hong Kong is returned to China, they two own two separate and different systems. This is the famous policy 'one country, two systems'. 5. Customers doesn't know that the room rates are fluctuated and decided by the market. I sometimes come across some customers asking why the room rates at certain period is a lot higher that what he got in the past. I have given up answering this kind of foolish questions (not offending). ***Customer can olny change their booking once. So please make sure about your group booking changes. 30 HKD will be charged per booking change per room. We will ONLY try our best to accommodate your booking changes, the changed room rates depends on the availability of rooms and market demand and supply. So one must be aware that the changed booking's room rent and room type may change*** ========================= =============== Customers interested in our deluxe rooms and hostel, please write email to us then we will send you a URL. Let our rooms speak themselves! ========================= =============== For extra service, please don't hesitate to ask. We welcome questions from our precious customers! Customer please understand that the purpose of email title is for the good of categorizing customers’ emails and action can be done quickly! P.S. especially the video showing the directions from bus A21 stop to our hostel, that is important as you should have a clearer picture of what Nathan Road is like Please kindly ignore those foreigners and Chinese women on the street coz they are only doing their own business (hawking our hostel's customer and selling watches). They will never hurt! _________________________ _____________________ Please copy and paste the following form to your email, thank you so much for your time and effort! BOOKING CHANGES FORM Our customer should be aware that any changes must be made before 48 hours of the 12 noon on the date of arrival. Customers who fail to follow the above instructions will be charged two night’s room rent. Any changes within 48 hours of check-in time on the date of arrival, we will still charge accordingly. For example, your date of arrival is 6th June for three nights, and you write or call to change in the morning of 5th June, then we will charge you the night of 6th June and change the other two nights. Booking Changing Form ( Please circle one: Change of room / arrival date ) ========================= =============== Reference number : Booking Website : Surname : Sex : Nationality & Come from: : Telephone number : Arrival date (YY-MM-DD) : Arrival details : Arrival HK time (24H) : Arrival hotel time (24H) : Departure date (YY-MM--DD) : Preferred room type : Number of rooms : Number of guests : Special request if any : ========================= =============== Customer should print out this Booking Changing Form and show it to the reception manager upon check-in. Our hostel policy will charge you from your credit card to secure your booking has been changed. For example, if you have booked one night, we will charge you for one night first. If you have booked for three nights, we will charge you for the first two nights and collect the balance upon check-in. If there are any changes of duration of your stay, it follows the above rule for extension of duration. For shortening, we will manage it during check-in. All other remains the same. Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to your visit soon! Before guests' arrival in 48 hours, we will per-authorize guests' card details to guarantee the booking (the amount will be the total balance as show in the confirmation). If we failed to per-authourize or pre-charge, then we will not reserve the room after 6pm (HKT) on the arrival date of confirmation. Therefore, please make sure the card details you provide is valid for pre-authorization or pre-charge.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Hong Kong?Contact us directly
See other properties in Hong Kong
Yiu Fai Guest House
New Garden Hostel
Ashoka Guest House
England Premier Backpackers Inn (Hong Kong)
Merryland Guest House
Rainbow Lodge HK
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
Dorm (4 beds)
Dorm (12 beds)
Groups Only: Dorm (max 6 beds) Ensuite
Budget Private Twin
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Single Private Enusite
Double Private Ensuite
Twin Private Ensuite
Triple Private Ensuite
Quadruple Private Enusite
About Travelers Friendship Hostel
Once again, we remind all the budget travelers, dorms type in Hong Kong is different with other country, it's not a house but transformed from an apartment dividing into rooms. They are also with different classes, 2-bed, 4-bed, 7-bed, 8-bed, 12-bed, or multiple beds. All of them are providing the cheapest and most basic accommodation. If customers do not want pay more than USD11 per night, we advise customers to keep in mind that not to be too demanding. Here is just a place for customers who want a safe place for sleeping and taking rest, and most of the time spending around for shopping or sightseeing in such strategic location.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Our group expanded to have more than 100 rooms with different combinations, spreading into different floors around main office. So in any period, even at the high seasons in Hong Kong, you can still reserve a room here.
With Largest variety of rooms (Budget, Moderate standard, Deluxe & Super Deluxe Room). More than 100 rooms with different combinations, capable to accommodate for large groups. The largest room size in HK with 70% of rooms are with windows!! (Pls request window room through email, sometimes with extra charge)
- All single room & room with shared bathroom are without window.
- 4 bed private ensuite: Mostly with 2 king size beds. Only 3 rooms with 1 double and 2 single beds.
- 3 bed private ensuite: Mostly with 1 double & 1 single beds. Only 3 rooms with 1 bunk bed and 1 single bed.
- Super Deluxe Room is to guarantee with window while the normal deluxe room is not guaranteed with window. The room arrangement is depends on the on day room availability and different customer's rate, the earlier you book, the cheaper it is; the higher rates, the better quality the room.
- 2-window (270 degree) is not for sale online, please email for further information and have to book much in advance.
Some pictures shown refer to the deluxe rooms but some are standard basic rooms, please email to have more information.
Kindly send us email for the room type request.
ROOM FACILITIES & SERVICE
We have free local direct-line telephone, IDD, color televisions, cable and satellite television, individually controlled air-conditioning, shared mini refrigerator, hairdryers for rent, and bath towel, bath liquid. Laundry & drying service, hot shower with limited time range (7am-12noon, 7pm to 12am).
We offer various services: Free wake up call; Free information; Tour guide; VISA express service; Money Exchange; Copy and fax service are also available. If that wasn't enough for you, kids (3-year-old or below) stay free!
In our building, groups of security guards team with uniform are patrolling 24 Hours every day.
Security check is performing every night at the entrance of the building's basement. If you come back late after mid-night, you need to fill in a form or show your passport, or ID card or hostel staying certificate to our security guards of the building.
Lowest Price Guaranteed!!!
According to the same room standard, location and period, if you find the price of other hostels is lower than our hostel, we can give you lower price than them. We treat this as a welcome to our loyal customers and see it as a great opportunity to attract new customers.
- All tax
- 10% service charge (customer book on 14th Jan'10 onwards, price does not include 10% service charge)
- Can be paid by cash or credit card (3% bank service charge)
Mirador Mansions features a labyrinth of guesthouses, African bistros, clothing shops, sari stores, and foreign exchange offices. It often acts as a large gathering place for some of the ethnic minorities in Hong Kong, particularly Indians, Middle Eastern people, Nepalese, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis, Nigerians, Europeans, Americans, Pakistanis, Asians, and many other peoples of the world. The building was completed in 1961, at which time Chinese residents predominated. Now, after more than four decades of use, there are nearly 4,000 people living in the Mansions.
With this lively mix of guest workers, mainlanders, local Chinese, tourists and backpackers, the Mirador Mansion neighborhood is one of the most culturally diverse locations in Hong Kong.
In a study by CUHK anthropologist, it is revealed that there are people from at least 120 different nationalities who have passed through Mirador Mansions in the past year. In the issue of 'TIME Magazine’, 2007, Mirador Mansions was elected as the Best Example of Globalization in Action in its annual feature The Best of Asia.
NOTE TO OUR PRECIOUS GUESTS:
Flat F1, 13/F, Mirador Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Please select your 'arrival time' very carefully before confirming the booking. When filling in the arrival time to the hostel, please add 40 minutes if coming by train or 1 hour if coming by A21 airport bus to the estimated flight arrival time. And if you arrival at 11:00PM, please select 23:00 not 11:00. Please understand that the hostels have to allocate late check-out, early check-in, walk-in customers every day, the confirmed 'arrival time' help you and all guests to have the best arrangement.
Your non-arrival by the agreed check in time will result in the cancellation of your entire reservation
Due to the popularity of Traveler Friendship Hostel, change of booking and cancellation should be done:
- Before 48 hours prior to arrival, otherwise the change or cancellation will not be applicable.
- Please state your arrival time carefully for better room arrangement
- Email is the only way for changes & cancellations
- Your non-arrival by the agreed check in time will result in the cancellation of your entire reservation
CAUTION: Prevention for your loss of money, please don’t show your booking sheet to any stranger approaching you in front of Mirador Mansion. They might claim to be our staff and mislead you to other hostel, trying to get money from you. Don’t pay any money until you reach our hostel. If you need help, on the road side there are some public phone which charge HK$1 that you can use to call Sandy or get the information from security guards inside Mirador Mansion (lift area). The security will help you to find our hostel more easily.
If you don't enjoy your stay in other small rooms of another hostels,
Please come to our reception office:
Flat F1, 13/F, Mirador Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Just take a look. We will give you a surprise: lowest price but better rooms and good service.
1. check-in must be at our reception: Flat F1/D1, 13/F, Mirador Mansion, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. It must be done before 12am unless specify and inform us in advance.
2. Changes and cancellation must be made no later than 48 hours prior to your booking arrival date (not arrival time) or otherwise, 90% of 2 nights room rates will be charged accordingly.
3. Pictures shown are LUXURY rooms only.
4. Room rates are BUDGET's room rates.
The official Check in time is at 2PM. Please email us regarding early check in.
Come and share the experience of Hong Kong with us.
You will really enjoy your stay! Welcome to Hong Kong!
The pictures showed in the page are for reference.
All the rooms providing by Traveler Friendship Hostel are budget rooms. Pictures shown are for super deluxe class and reference only. The earlier you book, the cheaper it is the higher the room rates, the better room you can get. You are always welcome to ask about upgrading or any inquiries!
Copyright 1970-2007 Traveler Friendship Hostel. All rights reserved.
Perfectly located in the heart of Kowloon Peninsula - famous Tsim Sha Tsui area with utmost convenience. Premiere shopping and entertainment district. Within just a few minutes to walk you can enjoy dinner in Chinese or Western restaurants. Alternatively, McDonalds, KFC are all local. Many 24 hour shops, Bars, Disco and supermarkets are also nearby here. Tsim Sha Tsui is just beside the Victoria Harbor. Tourists can enjoy the great sea view and the famous night scene of Hong Kong Island at the sea side.
All public vehicles are nearby here:
- Airport Bus Stop - 30M, 30 seconds walk
- Railway Station - 100M, 1 minute walk
- MTR Subway - 20M, 10 seconds walk
- Star Ferry - 500M, 5 minutes walk
- Bus, Taxi Stop - near the hostel
- Victoria Harbor - 2 minutes walk
- Cultural Centre - 3 minutes walk
- Avenue of Stars - 3 minutes walk
- Science Museum - 5 minutes walk
- Space Museum - 5 minutes walk
- Kowloon Park - 2 minutes walk
- SOGO Shopping Center - 3 minutes walk
- Harbor City - 3 minutes walk
- Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre - 5 minutes by subway
- Temple Street - 5 minutes by subway
- Victoria Peak - 5 minutes by subway
- Lan Kwai Fong - 10 minutes by subway
- Ocean Park - 30 minutes by bus
- Disneyland - 40 minutes by subway
- Po Lin Monastery - 30 minutes by bus
- Restaurant - near the hostel
- Feature fast food stores - near the hostel