Birmingham Central Backpackers
Hostel | 58 Coventry Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England B5 5NH
1172 out of 1265 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (22/05/2015)
"Character in central dining/chilling area. Worldwide travel items. Females are safe. E cellent key code entry to main building and dormitories."Read all Birmingham Central Backpackers reviews
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Games room
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour reception
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Luggage Room
No smoking in the buildings (UK Law). No outside alcohol (licensed British pub); £200 fine + eviction for breaking these rules. Photo ID (Passport/Drivers Licence) required to check-in. Guests should be 16+ years, unless in a group and BCB aware of age. Authorised guests only! You will be evicted and charged for trespassers you allow. Card transactions over £50: 40p added to debit payments, 2% to credit payments to offset bank fees. Most rooms are of equal value & interchangeable.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Birmingham?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
12 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
6 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Single (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
Double (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
Twin (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
Triple (Private bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
Family Room Garden View (Private bathroom)Breakfast included, Self-catering
About Birmingham Central Backpackers
In the summer, one of the best places to be is our garden. It's a great place to have a drink, chat or BBQ. In the winter we have a cosy common room and gigantic projection screen for movie nights. We also have a licenced bar operating all year round.
Enjoy the following... it's on us!
FREE light breakfast (toast, spreads, fruit and squash)
FREE tea and coffee all day long
FREE movies (over 600 to choose from!) on a gigantic projection screen TV and DVD rental
FREE clean linen and towels
FREE luggage storage
FREE use of a fully-fitted communal kitchen
FREE maps and tourist information centre
FREE reading and travel library
FREE use of hairdryers and iron/ironing boards
So what kind of rooms do we have to offer?
We have private singles, twin, triple and quad rooms with tea and coffee making facilities.
We also have shared dorm rooms that hold between four and twelve people. Most dorm rooms have lockers but if they don’t we have even more lockers in the common room. All toilet/shower facilities are shared.
Our eight bed POD dorm adds a new level of privacy to backpacking. Based on the Japanese capsule design, each POD has a 360 degree private reading light, locker, extra comfy mattress, and curtain so you can have the utmost privacy if that’s what you are looking for. But book early if you want to secure one of these beds - they sell like hotcakes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - If you book to stay with us you are accepting the following conditions.
• Check-in time is 2pm-11pm. If you require an alternative check in time, please contact us directly so we can make the appropriate arrangements and a late check-in fee will apply. If you do not contact us there may not be a member of staff available to help you.
• PHOTO ID is compulsory to check into this hostel-without it we will not be required to honour your booking and you will still be liable to pay for the 1st night’s stay
• Our reception/common room is open daily from 8am – 12 midnight.
• We do not accept guests under the age of 16 due to our licence. No under 18’s are allowed in the common room after 8pm due to the fact that there is a bar in this area.
• Alcohol consumed on our premises must be bought from our bar due to licensing laws and consumed in our common room or outdoor garden and nowhere else. We are also a non-smoking hostel in accordance with English law. Guests caught bringing in outside alcohol, smoking or drinking alcohol purchased from us in unauthorized areas will be evicted (along with their entire group) immediately without refund. There will be no debate or arguments. In addition a fine of £200 will be made to the card booked with.
• Only authorized guests are allowed in our hostel. Any guest (including their entire party) caught bringing in other people will be evicted immediately without refund and charged for the additional people they have allowed to trespass in our buildings.
• We accept debit and credit card payments.
• Most rooms are of equal value and are interchangeable
• Prices on this website are Internet Prices Only. Walk-in prices start at £15 on weekdays, and £16 on weekends.
• Cancellations needs to be made 48 hours before 2pm check-in on the day of arrival or the first night of the stay will be charged. Group bookings of 6 or more it is 7 days’ notice.
From private singles, twins and three bed rooms with tea and coffee making facilities to dorms with 4-8 beds and shared toilet facilities, including our specially built pod dorm with 8 beds with special reading lights, extra comfy mattresses, and 360 degree reading lights, we have it all!
When we say centrally located we mean it! Located in the oldest area in Birmingham called Digbeth, we are a 4 streets from the Bull Ring Shopping Centre and markets. A 1 minute walk from the Digbeth Coach Station which all National Express coaches terminate at in Birmingham. A 1 minute walk to the bus to the NEC and Birmingham Airport. An eight minute walk from New Street Train Station and five minutes from Moor Street Train Station. We are a 1 minute walk to Barfly/Dragon Room, 3 minute walk to Custard Factory and Air Nightclub. We are an 8 minute walk to the Acadian Complex, 10 minute walk to the Mega Bus Stop on Priory Queensway, and a 20 minute walk to Broad Street, the NIA, Canals, Brindley Place and the Mailbox. Now, how's that for centrally located???