Hostel | Riva 2, Pula, Croatia 52100
92 out of 96 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (10/09/2014)
"Facilities and cleanliness of this hostel cannot be faulted. Terrace bar is a nice area. room was large size. Manager let us print off our boarding passes for the plane and the guy who checked us in directed us well to…"Read all Riva Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Bicycle hire
- Late check-out
- Reception (limited hours)
- ATM / cash machine
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Onsite shop(s)
- Outside area
- Television room
- Airport Pickup USD 16.45
- Luggage Room
1) Check-out is at 11am, as our scheduled cleaning time is from 10am-2pm (14h) every day of the week. During this cleaning time, we kindly ask that the hostel be vacant. If you would like to leave your bags and other personal items on hold with us after you check out, please ask us in advance. 2) Check in is open all day, but if you are running late or arriving earlier than the arrival time that you had given us either in your confirmation e-mail or online booking, please inform us as soon as possible via e-mail, text message, or phone call!
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 14:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Pula?Contact us directly
See other properties in Pula
Very Central Apartment Maria
Located in the heart of Pula's old town and at the Pula waterfront (Riva), we are next to historic Forum and Kandlerova Street, and some of the most impressive Roman architecture in Croatia, as well as a variety of cafes, bars, and shops.
Now featuring a brand new large rooftop terrace and a guest-only bar! Read more
Enter dates to check prices
About Riva Hostel
Located in the heart of Pula's centre and at the famous Pula waterfront (Riva), we are a few steps away from the historic Forum and Kandlerova Street, which boasts some of the most impressive Roman architecture in Croatia, as well as a variety of cafes, bars, and shops.
Pula's breathtaking Amphitheatre ('Arena') is a mere five-minute walk from Riva Hostel, and all of Pula's main attractions are within proximate walking distance.
Located inside a quiet Austro-Hungarian courtyard building, our newly renovated space consists of many large and spacious sleeping rooms, a huge rooftop terrace with lounge chairs and a bar - great meeting point for our guests! In addition, we offer a common area with TV, free internet computer station and Wi-Fi throughout the property.
Each room in our hostel has very tall ceilings, which makes sleeping with more people in the room quite comfortable!
Each room has its own AC unit.
Some of the rooms have their own newly renovated bathrooms with spacious shower stalls inside the room, while the rest of the hostel uses a common shower area.
In all, there are 13 toilets and 9 showers available at any time!
There are three different kitchen areas available for use. You are welcome to help yourself to simple breakfast items in the morning (included in the price), as well as coffee and tea. We also have all kitchen appliances and utensils necessary for cooking and preparing anything from simple meals to complete dinner and lunch for the groups.
Our staff is energetic and highly dedicated to the needs of each and every guest. It is our firm belief that going this extra mile is what makes a hostel experience above average, and takes at least some of the stress out of travelling and spending time in a foreign country!
We want you to feel at home in our hostel.
Each member of our three-person staff has had extensive experience with travel in his/her life. We are all more than happy to share our experiences, recommend travel ideas, provide useful information, and help you clarify and plan the remainder of your travels.
English, Spanish, and Croatian are spoken here.
Please read our Things to Note below before booking:
- Check-in: AFTER 14:00 (2pm). CHECK-OUT: 11:00 (11am).
- CLEANING 11:00 - 14:00 (11am - 2pm)
- There is a daily tourist tax of 1Euro/person/day, not included in our rates.
- 24hr check in is available ONLY June 1. - Sept. 15.
- Check in any other time (April, May, 2nd part of Sept) is open from
14:00 (after cleaning) to 22:00 (2pm - 10pm).
11:00 (11 am) is the earliest you can be let in to drop off your luggage.
-Check in must be completed by midnight (24:00H), so as to minimize noise and disturbance when other guests are already asleep!
We are CLOSED October, November December, January, February.
- YOU MUST EMAIL US WITH AN EXACT TIME OF ARRIVAL (+/- 1h) during low season, especially if you feel you'd be arriving outside our working hours (late bus/train etc.).
If you do not email us, you may have to call us and wait around to be let in, which could be a huge inconvenience for you!
- The hostel is thoroughly cleaned every day from 11am to 2pm.
During this cleaning time, we kindly ask that the hostel be vacant, especially during the high season, so that facilities can be cleaned to the highest of sanitary standards that we aim for!
It is nearly impossible to clean the bathrooms and other hostel common areas, while they're being used by guests, so during busy times, please allow us space to do our work and try to vacate the hostel between 11am and 2pm.
* There's no curfew. Guests are not permitted to bring outside visitors onto the premises.
- HARD LIQUOR (vodka, gin) is NOT ALLOWED in this hostel!
We provide numerous facilities for our guests, some of which are:
• Bar & terrace
• Discount field trips/excursions to Istria villages and islands
• Guest-controlled Air Conditioning/Heating in every room
• Spacious and fully equipped 2+1 separate kitchen areas with two large refrigerators and all the cooking supplies
• Bike Rental
• Free coffee, tea and basic breakfast items
• BBQ area outside
• Internet Stations Free of Charge
• Wi-Fi in lobby
• Wi-Fi in room
• Bicycle/Bike Parking behind closed doors
• Cable TV
• Spacious Common areas
• Currency Exchange
• Iron/Ironing Board
• Linen Included
• Luggage Storage
• Reading Light
• Security Lockers
• Tours Desk
All of Pula's main attractions are within proximate walking distance.
Located in the heart of Pula's center and at the famous Pula waterfront (Riva), we are also just a few steps away from the historic Forum and rustic Kandlerova Street, which boasts some of the most impressive Roman architecture in Croatia, as well as a variety of cafes, bars, and shops. Pula's breathtaking Amphitheater ("Arena") is a mere five-minute walk from Riva Hostel, and all of Pula's main attractions are within proximate walking distance.
Building upon an already established and highly successful hostel business, our main mission is to make your holiday in Pula as comfortable, relaxing and fun as possible.
We are equipped with brand-new facilities, including air conditioning, security lockers, free laundry service, DVDs and many other state-of-the-art features that we think are imperative for a modern and convenient hostel experience.
We are also very close to the main bus and train stations, and the arriving terminal for all boats and ferries is few minute's walk to where we're located - quite useful if you'll be taking a ferry out of Pula to the southern Croatian coast early in the morning!
Free Parking is available outside of the hostel only during weekends and late afternoon (after 5pm).
Pay parking (4kn/hr) is available 5 minutes walk from the hostel any time of the day.
Address: Riva 2