THE DRUM - Specialist Capsule Hostel & Hotel
Hostel | No.51 JiuGuLou Da Jie, XiCheng District, Beijing, China 100009
24 out of 28 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (03/03/2015)
Christopher Fox thinks…
"I really can't say enough good things about this place. The location is amazing, right by the bell tower, hutongs, houhai and steps away from lines 2 and 8. The bar is amazing value and most of the…"Read all THE DRUM - Specialist Capsule Hostel & Hotel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Common area / room
- Internet access in public areas
- Internet café
- Outside area
- Television room
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 12:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Beijing?Contact us directly
See other properties in Beijing
Imperial Courtyard Hotel
Peking International Youth Hostel
Sleepy Inn Downtown Lakeside Beijing
Tang House Hotel
An Ding Men Hotel
Confucious International Hostel
Specialist hostel with views of the Drum & Bell Towers, just 200 meters from subway lines 2 & 8. Welcome to The Drum 'Hot-stel', combining hotel accommodation with new-concept dorm room design.
* Excellent location, easy to find, & just 200 meters from 2 major subway lines. Easy access to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Lama Temple, Silk Market, Olympic area, Embassy area, all major train stations, the airport and more.Beijing will be your oystermwith the free Beijing subway & sites map. Bicycle rental available.
* All dorm beds have been upgraded into separate V.I.P. capsule beds with secure keycard access doors, offering complete privacy and safety to every dorm guest.
* All private twin & double rooms newly renovated in 2014, with secure key-card access, flatscreen TV, western toilet and 24 hour hot water shower. Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
1 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Twin (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Double (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Single (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About THE DRUM - Specialist Capsule Hostel & Hotel
All dorm beds are private capsules. Private rooms are 3 star hotel grade. Just 200 meters from subway lines 2 & 8, & Drum Tower. Great tours & sociable on-site pizza cafe/bar...
The Drum "Hot-stel" combines hotel accommodation with new-concept dorm room design.Free wireless/wifi internet is available throughout and the entire hotel has central heating along with air-conditioning.
* All dorm rooms have been upgraded into separate V.I.P. capsule bunk beds with secure keycard access doors, offering complete privacy to every dorm guest. There's free wireless internet, and clean western toilet and showers nearby.
* All private rooms newly renovated with secure key-card access, free wireless internet, flatscreen TV, western toilet and 24 hour hot water shower.
* Ensuite single capsule-rooms available (1.7m height, 3-4m wide - with attached toilet & shower).Beijing's best option for those just looking for a cheap private space with washroom facilities.
* Don't miss the rooftop viewing deck, with unbeatable views of the Drum & Bell Towers, or consider booking a spacious roof-garden room.
* The onsite pizza cafe/bar provides a great meeting place for guests, offering a hearty selection of western cuisine, fresh coffee, draft beer and cocktails. Guests can also enjoy sports TV, darts, games and our famous Movie World...
* Great Wall of China tours and more can be easily booked through reception. Reception also arranges ticket booking and laundry facilities.
* Excellent location, just 200 meters from 2 major subway lines. Easy access to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Lama Temple, Silk Market, Olympic area, Embassy area, all major train stations, the airport and more.Beijing will be your oyster with the free Beijing subway & sites map. Bicycle rental available.
* Locally, banks/ATMS, post office, 24 shop, pharmacy etc are all just a short walk away. Stroll down to the nearby historical Drum & Bell Towers, and explore the ancient hutong quarter around the picturesque houhai lake, lively both day and night.
* The Drum "Hot-stel" welcomes all. For more information please read below and see the photograph section. You can also contact us direct: drumtower.nihao (gmail).
More detailed description from the management...
A lovely combination of traditional and modern decorations, Drum Tower Hostel is located in a Hutong neighborhood, in a bustling central location. We are proud to claim that our location is among the best in Beijing. Besides easy access to the subway station and bus stops, our hostel is also very near to many famous places of interest that you would definitely love to visit during your stay here. Almost all famous places in Beijing are either within walking distance, or are really easy to reach through direct transportation methods such as subway and bus. It takes 3 minutes to reach the nearest subway station, the prestigious Bell Tower and the Drum Tower by walking;about 10 minutes. Nearby are the Imperial College, Yonghe Lama Temple,Hou Hai Lake, Beihai Park Jingshan Park. Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square are just 20 minutes by subway.
For your convenience, our staff can help you arrange tours in Beijing as well as nearby attractions. If you are interested in the Great Wall, Acrobatics and Kungfu shows, we have special day/overnight trips plus vans and English tour guides. If you want to visit places outside of Beijing, we can book you train/plane tickets with delivery service. Feel free to talk to us if you are interested in ANYTHING.
We endeavor to provide you with safe, healthy and comfortable
accommodation together with a cheerful atmosphere of
communication.Both rooms with and without private facilities are
available at Drum Tower Hostel. For private rooms, bathroom, air-
conditioner and TV are equipped. You can put your valuables in your
room - all doors have secure keycard access. Additionally, you have
access to 24-hour hot water and reception service.
Because the hostel is located in a traditional Hutong where many
Beijing natives still reside, you will find out some intriguing
moments of how Beijingers live and eat. On JiuGuLouDaJie, where our
hostel lies, you can find ATMs, banks,a pharmacy and 24 hour shop.
Your having a great time at Drum Tower Hostel is our highest concern.
In order to achieve this aim, we really appreciate that you can leave
your ideas and comments with our manager, so that we can make specific
corrections and improvements. We have met many people who regard the
Drum Tower Hostel as their home abroad and spend so much wonderful
time together with us, and we sincerely hope that the Drum Tower
Hostel can become your home, too.