The Great Wall Courtyard Youth Hostel
Hostel | No.26 Chadaogucheng, Badalingzhen, Yanqing District Beijing, China 102112
16 out of 16 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (08/07/2014)
John Dickey thinks…
"The property is a classic hudong - family residence compound. It has been fixed up so as to provide hostel-style (primitive) bedrooms, some with very basic showers. it's not for the mainstream…"Read all The Great Wall Courtyard Youth Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Currency Exchange
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour reception
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Washing machines
- Airport Pickup USD 56.78
- Breakfast USD 4.87
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 13:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Beijing?Contact us directly
See other properties in Beijing
PekingUni International Hostel
Heyuan International Youth Hostel
Red Lantern House
Beijing Lanting Youth Hostel
Beijing Wada Youth Hostel
Sleepy Inn Downtown Lakeside Beijing
Houhai Courtyard Guest House
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
3 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
3 Bed Dorm - Female only (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
3 Bed Dorm - Male only (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Twin (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Double (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About The Great Wall Courtyard Youth Hostel
* We organize tourist tours around the Great Wall e.g. Guyaju, Longqingxia, riding horse on the grassland etc.
* We design an adventurous “broken Great Wall tour" and supply reimbursable service of camping and exploration tools according to your requirements.
* We arrange public benefit activities, such as repairing the broken Great Wall, protecting the environment and picking up waste on the Great Wall, and planting on the Great Wall
* During the Chinese traditional festivals, you can visit the facility of local people and experience the activities of Chinese New Year. (Like setting of fire cracker)
* We have a wine bar with complete stereo facility and Karaoke for free
* We supply unforgettable experiences of Chinese traditional massage and foot massage etc.
The Simple Style
The courtyard keeps the original Szu-ho-yuan building style of the Ming and Qing Dynasty. You will enjoy the plants, trees, water, fish, and the traditional garden and fall in love with the old and simple Beijing folk customs.
After reconstruction, the traditional courtyard is not luxurious but bright and clean, making you relax your body as well as your mind. We have a nice lobby of 150 square meters where you can meet other travelers. We have installed modern accommodation facilities. The eight room types we equipped are all with private bathroom, air conditioning and heater.
The eight room types we equipped are all with private bathroom, air conditioning and heater.
* 8 Chinese two beds standard rooms
* 2 Chinese double bed standard room
* 1 Chinese arhat bed (large) standard room
* 1 Chinese honeymoon double bed room
* 1 Chinese luxury suite.
* 1 Dorm (3 beds) En-suite
* 1Dorm (3 beds) En-suite female only
* 1Dorm (3 beds) En-suite male only
The Unique Location
The courtyard Youth hostel, located at the crossroad of the old city which is at the foot of Beijing Badaling Great Wall, is of the Si-he-yuan building style from the Ming and Qing Dynasty. The courtyard is 500 meters away from Badaling Great Wall and 1000 meters away from Badaling Broken Great Wall. In the daytime, you can enjoy the unlimited sights of the Great wall as much as you like, and in the evening, you can go to the hot spring, which is 1000 meters away, to wash off your dust and tiredness. In the courtyard, after viewing the Great Wall at night, you can also experience a traditional Chinese Meridian Massage, a foot massage, and old regimen methods etc.