The Barefoot Hostel
Hostel | 455 Cumberland St., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -
72 out of 74 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (12/03/2014)
Marc Walton thinks…
"Excellent hostel located right in the city centre. Small hostel, feels more like a home with a great living room and kitchen downstairs. Will definitely stay here again!"Read all The Barefoot Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- BBQ area
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Television room
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 15:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Ottawa?Contact us directly
See other properties in Ottawa
Days Inn Ottawa Downtown
HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Ottawa Apartment Suite Hotel
Ottawa Backpackers Inn
ByWard Blue Inn
Australis Guest House
A Voyageurs's Guest House and B&B
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About The Barefoot Hostel
Check In is located right next door at Swiss Hotel, (our mother property). The entrance is located on 89 Daly Ave. Just pick up the phone in the entrance, and we'll check you in!
Check-in is from 3pm and check-out is 11am.
Reception Hours: 07:30 - 23:00. Please NOTE: Reception is closed at 11pm and you can NOT check-in after 11pm. Once you have the key there is no curfew.
Reservation by Credit Cards: Visa, MC, Amex
CANCELLATION: no later than 6pm, 48 hours prior to check-in date. Cancellation fee of 1 night will be charge within 48 hours.
**A 13% tax is not included and is due upon check in.
Accommodation: All rooms are NON-SMOKING
Total 16-beds - daily service
4 mixed dormitory styled rooms (4 beds per room) equipped with European style Duvet and Cover, along with a towel. There are 2 spacious bathrooms that are shared.
* Free: Wi-Fi internet - here you are connected 24/7
* Free: Computer desk with high-speed internet use for all guests
* FREE: Each room has lockers for your valuables (bring your own lock-or we can sell you one)
* Free Linen and Towel
* Free: Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate
* Free: Shampoo and Bath gel
* Spacious common room with a 50" HD flat panel TV!
* Bright rooms with windows that open
* Outdoor garden patio for chilling in the summer
* All our rooms are dormitory and are ALL SHARED. If you wish a private room welcome to book our hotel next door.
Best location. Right downtown and free wi-fi internet.
• University of Ottawa, Parliament Hill, National Arts Centre, Museum of Civilization
• US Embassy, Rideau Shopping Centre, National Gallery of Canada
• Government Conference Centre
• Byward Market, Ottawa's hottest bars and its best restaurants
• Ottawa Convention Centre
• Rideau Canal - Unesco World Heritage site
• Royal Canadian Mint, Canadian War Museum,
The location is PERFECT. It doesn't get any more central than this! Only 2 min. walk there is a big supermarket (metro) open 24 hours where you can buy cheap meals hot or cold and anything you need for your stay. LCBO and Beer Store is two short blocks away.
Barefoot Hostel is the perfect base to explore Canada's amazing capital. Ottawa's hottest bars and its best restaurants are minutes from Barefoot's doorsteps.
Ottawa may be the epicenter of politics in Canada, but its social scene is second to none. The Byward Market is an experience unto itself. The local weekend market is not to be missed but the Market really comes into its own in the evening. Ottawa's best restaurants call the Market home and everything, from high-end dining to cheap eats, is on the menu.
If the bar-scene is more your style, you couldn't ask for better than the selection on offer in the market. With everything from pubs to clubs to concert venues, there's something for everyone.