Digby Backpackers Inn
Hostel | 168 Queen Street, Digby, Nova Scotia, Canada B0V 1A0
4 out of 4 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (08/10/2013)
Sharon Viater thinks…
"Staff is really nice and helpful and ready to help you with anything. Breakfast is served in reasonable hours, and its just a short walk from the waterfront and some really nice restaurants. Also its…"Read all Digby Backpackers Inn reviews
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Bicycle hire
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Outside area
- Television room
- Luggage Room
Check-in is from 4pm to 21.30pm. If you are planning to arrive between 21.30 and midnight, please let us know by email to confirm a late arrival. We cannot accept arrivals after midnight. Please note we can only accept cash payment on arrival, and please note that all rates exclude 15% HST
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Tax Policy (payable to property)
Earliest check-in: 16:00
Latest Check-out: 10:30
Group of 15 or more traveling to Digby?Contact us directly
Enter dates to check prices
About Digby Backpackers Inn
1. Clean, newly renovated shared bathrooms
2. Free breakfast (toast, cereal, coffee, tea, and whatever else might be available that day)
3. All linen and towels included
4. Use of all kitchen facilities in our large fully equipped kitchen
5. A large comfortable living room with board games and book exchange where you can sit back and relax and enjoy the company of people from all over the world
6. Free wireless internet
7. Spacious garden and balcony to relax, with electric BBQ
8. Convenient in-town location walking distance (a couple of minutes!) to boardwalk, wharf and restaurants
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Check-in from 4pm - 9.30pm. Arrivals between 9.30pm and midnight are accepted by reservation only, please make sure to let us know your approximate arrival time! NO ARRIVALS AFTER MIDNIGHT
2. Late arrivals could be asked to pre-pay for the first night.
3. Please note the remainder due is due in cash on arrival only. We cannot accept credit or debit.
4. Rates are excluding 15% HST
5. Arrivals before 4pm is by chance. If we are there (we usually are) and the room is ready you are more than welcome. Otherwise please do enjoy our balcony around the back!
The Digby Backpackers Inn has a total of 5 rooms, a mix of private rooms and dorm rooms. Private rooms come with double bed and separate bunk. Bathrooms are all shared, large common space, fully equipped kitchen, electric BBQ outside.
Bed sheets and linen are provided; towels are included, free guest computer and wi-fi, free simple breakfast.
Digby Backpackers Inn
168 Queen Street
Digby, Nova Scotia
Come walk down the fisherman's wharf and talk to the fishermen, or just watch them hard at work. Enjoy the beautiful scenery from the boardwalk, be amazed by the highest tides in the world (Digby is located right at the Bay of Fundy!), or just enjoy a scallop dinner while looking out over the bay.
1. Visit Annapolis Royal, the oldest permanent European settlement in Canada. Only 35km from Digby and reachable by local Kings Transit, this is an amazing little village that is sure to captivate you with it’s' charm and history.
2. Witness some of the best whale watching in North America. The Digby Neck and islands offer you the opportunity to enjoy some of the best whale watching around. The Bay of Fundy, with its' high tides, creates the perfect feeding ground for many species of whales. It is truly breath taking.
3. Visit Bear River. A small artist community located in a wooded valley on a tidal river. Houses on stilts, some of the best artists in Nova Scotia and one of the best and most interesting art galleries in Nova Scotia. You also have a chance to learn something about the native people at their native interpretive centre just outside the village.