Tupiniquim Hostel Rio de Janeiro
Hostel | Rua Paulo Barreto 79, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 22280-010
88 out of 111 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (24/12/2013)
Thu Le thinks…
"Not much.. The rooftop was probably the only good thing. Housekeeping staff were friendly."Read all Tupiniquim Hostel Rio de Janeiro reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Games room
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Pool table(s)
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Outside area
- Television room
- Luggage Room
Bookings for World cup 2014 ~**Payment Method: Credit Card or wire transfer. ** Payment policy for World Cup: 40% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelbookers You will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 7 working days will result in cancellation of your booking. ) **Cancellation Policy for Carnival: Non Refundable The New Years' package is for 5 nights minimum and a check in date of 28 December ONLY. Even if the booking engine allows you to book other nights, you must check in on the 28th.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 13:00
Latest Check-out: 12:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Rio de Janeiro?Contact us directly
See other properties in Rio de Janeiro
Ocean Inn Rio Botafogo
Samba Green Hostel
Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro
Rio Nature Adventure
El misti botafogo hostel e pousada
Albergue Eco Backpackers Hostel
Ace Backpackers Youth Hostels Rio de Janeiro
Sarréufa Club Hostel
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Breakfast included
3 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
10 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Budget Double (Private bathroom)Buffet breakfast included
Budget Triple (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
Budget Quad (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
Budget Single (Private bathroom)Breakfast included
About Tupiniquim Hostel Rio de Janeiro
** Minimum Stay: 3 nights
** Payment Method: Credit Card or wire transfer.
** Payment policy: 40% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelbookers.com, You will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
** Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable
** No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due to check in
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 10-15 %), we will contact you to further pay another 40 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival (unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within Hostelworld) ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up'
We accept visa, mastercard and american express cards !!!
Free WIFI for all our guests
Free fuss ball, button soccer and pool tables
Free TV / DVD room
Free Brazilian style breakfast: 08-10 am
Pickup Service Available (ask for instructions)
- multilingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew ...
- 24 hour reception ...
- 24 hour broadband internet (50 mps) access in brand new apple macintosh computers (virus free) ...
- or Free WiFi if you prefer (speed according to your wifi setup) ...
- air conditioning in all rooms (from 08 PM till 10 AM)...
- security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 x 1 x 0,50 meters each)
- bar and chilling area with a gorgeous view from the Christ ...
- Our TV room has a massive 55'' LCD in which you can enjoy cable tv (with all your favorites shows) and more than 400 films, all free of charge ...
- Air hockey table, pool table, foosball, button football
- All rooms (except for 2 6-people shared bathroom) have their own bathroom and there are shared bathrooms in the 2nd. floor if you are in a hurry ...
- spacious rooms with extra big windows for maximum ventilation (except for 1 windowless shared room, but this got extra air conditioning: 6 PM to 12 pm ...
- solid-noble-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ...- 6 double, triple or quadruple private rooms ...
- free bedsheets and blankets
- free Brazilian style breakfast (08:00 to 10:00)
- fully equipped backpackers kitchen where you can fully use all things (except for the fridge)
- luggage room ( in case you check out and want to hang around)
- plenty of space in our courtyard with it's BBQ area and Christ the Redeemer view ...
- lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
- towels available for rent
- no minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve and Carnival)
- all extra items are subject to availability
Rua Paulo Barreto, 79 - Botafogo - Rio de Janeiro
3 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach
10 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont)
15 min. bus to Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain
15 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach
25 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer and Ipanema Beach
30 min. subway to the Maracanã Stadium (temple of football in Rio)
30 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviária)
40 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeão)