HostelBookers Logo
WEBSITE FEEDBACK
No booking fees
See all Sydney hostels
See all Sydney hotels

Surfside Backpackers Bondi Beach

Hostel | 35a Hall Street, Sydney, Australia 2026

64.9% Overall Rating

111 out of 161 customers would recommend this property

Recent review (05/10/2013)

Gareth Keogh thinks…

"It was good value for money. It was also very handy locationwise as it was right beside Bondi Beach.`"

Read all Surfside Backpackers Bondi Beach reviews

Facilities

  • Credit cards accepted
  • Self-catering Facilities
  • No curfew
  • Games room
  • Secure lockers
  • Lounge area
  • Internet / Wi-Fi
  • Safety deposit
  • 24 hour hot showers
  • Tours/Travel Desk
  • Washing machines

Purchasable Extras

  • Airport Pickup USD 15.72
  • Towel USD 1.75

What's Included

  • Linen

Important Information

All bookings will be processed & charged in full 5 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. The balance due plus two percent credit card fee will be debited from the credit card or debit card provided. Once processed, we do not refund. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. All Christmas & New Year’s Bookings must be paid in full on or before the 1st December each year. Surfside Bondi Beach also has a 9 night minimum from 24th December to 2nd January each year. We do not accept bookings that don’t include this whole period. We will in some circumstances contact you and accept a booking that fits in to our schedule but we recommend you contact us directly before you book. All Christmas & New Year Bookings will be contacted by email offering our EARLYBIRD SPCIAL OFFER requesting a 33.33% non refundable deposit. ONLY when this is charged will bookings be confirmed and you will receive a confirmation email. The remaining 66.66% is required on or before the 1st December each year. We will send you a confirmation email once deposit is charged explaining payments, cancellation policy and terms and conditions.

Cancellation Policy

Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.

Check-In/Out Details

Earliest check-in: 8:00
Latest Check-out: 11:00

Group booking?

Group of 15 or more traveling to Sydney?

Contact us directly

See other properties in Sydney

Lamrock Lodge on Bondi Beach
22.71 USD

Hostel 64.9% 227 reviews
Noah's @ Bondi Beach
25.33 USD

Hostel 56.6% 5 reviews
Ultimate Apartments Bondi Beach
67.69 USD

Apartment 87.6% 6 reviews
Bondi Shores
23.58 USD

Hostel 59.8% 36 reviews
Bondi Beachouse YHA
23.58 USD

Hostel 80.2% 39 reviews
Coogee Beach House
27.95 USD

Hostel 81.8% 102 reviews
Surfside Backpackers Coogee Beach
17.46 USD

Hostel 64.0% 83 reviews
St Marks Lodge
40.46 USD

Guesthouse 88.6% 5 reviews

Overview

Surfside Bondi Beach gives location, value, service & facilities meters from the beach. Surfside is clean, safe & fun accommodation with dorms, double, twin, triple & family rooms. It’s the perfect place to live in Sydney all year round, close to the City, Harbour & Airports. Do our famous "Sydney for under $10 a day guide", FREE to every guest. Surfside Bondi Beach offers free tea, coffee & breakfast, free surfboards, body boards, roller blades, snorkels & masks & table tennis plus much more! Read more

Enter dates to check prices


  •  
    Invalid date
     
    Invalid Date - Cannot be in the past
     
    Invalid Date - Check-Out cannot be beyond 24/10/2015

  •  
    Invalid date
     
    Invalid Date - Cannot be in the past
     
    Invalid Date - Check-Out cannot be beyond 24/10/2015
     
    Your check-out date is before your check-in date. Please check your dates and try again.
     
    Bookings can only be made for a maximum period of 31 days. Please enter alternative dates and try again.

processing
Shared Rooms Help! A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.

12 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

10 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

8 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

10 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

20 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included
Private Rooms Help! A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.

Triple (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

Double (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

Twin (Shared bathroom)

No meals or drinks included

About Surfside Backpackers Bondi Beach

All bookings will be processed & charged in full 5 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. The balance due plus two percent credit card fee will be debited from the credit card or debit card provided. Once processed, we do not refund. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. For Christmas & New Years Bookings, Surfside Bondi Beach has a 9 night minimum from 24th December to 2nd January each year. We do not accept bookings that don’t include this whole period. We will in some circumstances contact you and accept a booking that fits in to our schedule but we recommend you contact us directly before you book. Christmas & New Year Bookings will be contacted by email requesting a 33.33% non refundable deposit. ONLY when this is charged will bookings be confirmed and you will receive a confirmation email. The remaining 66.66% is required on or before the 1st December each year. We will send you a confirmation email once deposit is charged explaining payments, cancellation policy and terms and conditions.

We are equally awesome the rest of the year but Christmas &New Years we make a really big effort with our guests serving pancakes every day, our famous FREE Christmas Aussie BBQ lunch all served with FREE wine & crackers too. We have several FREE BBQS throughout this period all with FREE food & wine too perfect for you to meet new friends & get merry. Check out our website.

We have high speed internet & WiFi available 24 hours a day. We also have a fully equipped kitchen and a self service laundry. We have a TV room, reception, dining room, DVD & every digital satellite channel available in Australia.

Surfside Travel can book any travel, tour, bus pass, surf adventure, Fraser/Whitsunday trips, anything you wish, please come &ask. Security is paramount to us. To keep our guests & their belongings safe & secure we have locks on all bedrooms doors and entrances and we make sure each guests has their own correct key. We have CCTV in communal areas and provide an office safe for valuables.

Accommodation Information

Share Rooms Both Mixed & Female: Our small, medium & large female and mixed share rooms have comfortable beds, each with freshly made sheets, a fluffy pillow and a warm duvet. Each room with a ceiling fan, wardrobes to hang your gear and trays for under the beds to store your belongings.

Our double, twin and triple rooms are located in at Surfside Bondi Beach or at our partner building located 100 meters away. Those housed in our partner building have full 24 hours to both buildings for events, parties, services and facilities.

All rooms are checked and cleaned twice daily. Safe deposit available at reception for free.

Location Information

Surfside Bondi Beach is located at 35a Hall Street, opposite the Bondi Beach Post Office just 50 meters from the beach. Bondi Beach is the biggest most popular beach suburb in Sydney with a world wide reputation as one of the world’s best beach locations. We are only a matter of minutes from the center of Sydney, Sydney Harbour, the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, approx 30 minutes from both International & Domestic airports & approx 20 minutes from Central Station.

See all Sydney hostels
See all Sydney hotels