Port Campbell Hostel
Hostel | 18 Tregea Street, Port Campbell, Australia 3269
120 out of 129 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (13/08/2015)
Borsch Susanne thinks…
"Loved the place, clean and well equipped. Warm welcome and really friendly and helpful staff."Read all Port Campbell Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Washing machines
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bicycle hire
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Internet access in public areas
- Onsite shop(s)
- Outside area
- Television room
- Towel USD 0.72
- Luggage Room
age restriction of children under 12 may only stay in the Family Ensuite
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 17:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Port Campbell?Contact us directly
We are 110% confident that our hostel provides some of the best value, low-cost accommodation anywhere in Victoria, and we would love to host you under our roof! Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
10 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
6 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
7 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Deluxe Family Room (Private bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Quad (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
Single (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
Double (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
Triple (Shared bathroom)Self-catering
About Port Campbell Hostel
Above all else we want to be the BEST VALUE
We reckon our Overall Rating of over 96% is a pretty fair indicator of how well our hostel does what it was designed to do. In fact, take a few moments to read reviews left by previous guests – they tell our story for us. You will read over and over again words that mention our cleanliness, our brilliant location, great staff and excellent facilities.
We have plenty of dorms (4, 6, 7 and 10 bed), a smaller number of private rooms and a couple of ensuite rooms. Almost all of our standard accommodation has guests using our shared/communal bathroom facilities.
Children under 12 may only stay in the family ensuite rooms.
We provide all bedding and, because we do not want bed-bugs in our hostel we DO NOT permit sleeping bags (or similar) inside the building UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The hostel (18 Tregea Street, Port Campbell) is located just across the street from the Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre (i-site) and literally a two minute walk to the beach, the pub, bus-stop or the town's main street. Port Campbell (pop. 240) sits at the western end of the world famous Great Ocean Road (GOR), 12km west of the iconic 12 Apostles and 7km east of the equally (in)famous London Bridge.
Other coastal attractions close to Port Campbell are:
1. The Bay of Islands National Park: 18km west, via the GOR
2. The Bay of Martyrs: 14km west, via the GOR
3. The Grotto: 8km west, via the GOR
4. The Arch: 6km west, via the GOR
5. 2-Mile Bay, directly west of Port Campbell Bay's mouth. (The wave at 2-Mile is one of Australia's largest surfable waves (around 40-foot high), and normally springs to life around March, April and May. You can see it up-close-and-personal from the western end of the 2km long Discovery Walk, which follows the cliff face along the western edge of Port Campbell Bay).
6. Eastern Reef, directly east of Port Campbell Bay's mouth. This reef provides a gentler left-hand wave, in suitable conditions.
7. Double Bay Track: 4km east, via the GOR
8. Sherbrook River Mouth: 6km east, via the GOR.
9. Loch Ard Gorge (incl. The Razorback, Island Archway, Muttonbird Island, The Blowhole, Thunder Cave and Broken Head): 8km east, via the GOR.
10. Gibsons Beach: 13km east, via the GOR.
11. Wreck Beach and Moonlight Head: 40km east, off the GOR