Port Campbell Hostel
Hostel | 18 Tregea Street, Port Campbell, Australia 3269
105 out of 114 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (13/03/2014)
Chris Heap thinks…
"Great location and facilities, super comfy beds, free internet and amazingly friendly and helpful receptionist!"Read all Port Campbell Hostel reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- Car Parking
- Self-catering Facilities
- No curfew
- Lounge area
- Washing machines
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bicycle hire
- Laundry service
- Reception (limited hours)
- BBQ area
- Common area / room
- Communal kitchen
- Onsite shop(s)
- Outside area
- Television room
- Towel USD 0.94
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Earliest check-in: 17:00
Latest Check-out: 10:00
Group of 15 or more traveling to Port Campbell?Contact us directly
We are 110% confident that our hostel provides some of the best value, low-cost accommodation anywhere in Victoria, and we would love to host you under our roof! Read more
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
8 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Shared bathroom)No meals or drinks included
About Port Campbell Hostel
Above all else we want to be the BEST VALUE independent hostel in rural Australia, and are known for trying some unusual things to highlight that. For example: to help celebrate our proximity to the world famous Twelve Apostles, we are happy to once again offer our ‘Twelve Buck Bed’. (Yep... $12.00!!!) We will make beds available at that price on-line from 6.00pm, for the next few nights. But please note: those beds are ONLY available on a first-in, first served basis and MUST be booked thru’ this site. They cannot be bought at the counter. And this deal is no joke: our Twelve Buck Bed comes online from 6.00pm, one day in advance. Book ‘em through this site, and enjoy the value!
Also, anyone staying on any Friday or Saturday night can enjoy a FREE late check-out! So, weekend guests get to enjoy a long, laaazzzzyyy sleep-in with our check-out times for Saturday and Sunday mornings set to MIDDAY. Briiiilllliiiiannnnttt!!!
We reckon our Overall Rating of around 92% is a pretty fair indicator of how well our hostel does what it was designed to do. In fact, take a few moments to read reviews left by previous guests – they tell our story for us. You will read over and over again words that mention our cleanliness, our brilliant location, great staff and excellent facilities.
We have plenty of dorms (4, 6 and 8 bed), a smaller number of private rooms and a couple of ensuited rooms. Almost all of our standard accommodation has guests using our shared/communal bathroom facilities. Also, given the small number of private rooms we have and so we don't double-book that private accommodation, you cannot book private rooms from here... until we have ironed out some wrinkles in our online booking processes.
We provide all bedding and, because we do not want bed-bugs in our hostel we DO NOT permit sleeping bags (or similar) inside the building UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The hostel (18 Tregea Street, Port Campbell) is located just across the street from the Port Campbell Visitor Information Centre (i-site) and literally a two minute walk to the beach, the pub, bus-stop or the town's main street. Port Campbell (pop. 240) sits at the western end of the world famous Great Ocean Road (GOR), 12km west of the iconic 12 Apostles and 7km east of the equally (in)famous London Bridge.
Other coastal attractions close to Port Campbell are:
1. The Bay of Islands National Park: 18km west, via the GOR
2. The Bay of Martyrs: 14km west, via the GOR
3. The Grotto: 8km west, via the GOR
4. The Arch: 6km west, via the GOR
5. 2-Mile Bay, directly west of Port Campbell Bay's mouth. (The wave at 2-Mile is one of Australia's largest surfable waves (around 40-foot high), and normally springs to life around March, April and May. You can see it up-close-and-personal from the western end of the 2km long Discovery Walk, which follows the cliff face along the western edge of Port Campbell Bay).
6. Eastern Reef, directly east of Port Campbell Bay's mouth. This reef provides a gentler left-hand wave, in suitable conditions.
7. Double Bay Track: 4km east, via the GOR
8. Sherbrook River Mouth: 6km east, via the GOR.
9. Loch Ard Gorge (incl. The Razorback, Island Archway, Muttonbird Island, The Blowhole, Thunder Cave and Broken Head): 8km east, via the GOR.
10. Gibsons Beach: 13km east, via the GOR.
11. Wreck Beach and Moonlight Head: 40km east, off the GOR