Portal del Sur
Hostel | Hipolito Yrigoyen 855, Buenos Aires, Argentina 0054
106 out of 119 customers would recommend this property
Recent review (22/05/2015)
Ellen Corrick thinks…
"The location is amendable to the main attractions in the centre of the city. Close to a subtle station."Read all Portal del Sur reviews
- Air Conditioning
- Credit cards accepted
- No curfew
- Free city tour
- Games room
- Secure lockers
- Lounge area
- Internet / Wi-Fi
- Pool table(s)
- 24 hour reception
- Safety deposit
- 24 hour hot showers
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Airport Pickup USD 100.00
- Towel USD 2.00
- Luggage Room
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 days before arrival (local time). Payments made to HostelBookers are non-refundable.
Group of 15 or more traveling to Buenos Aires?Contact us directly
See other properties in Buenos Aires
Sudamerika Hostel & Suites Centro
Casa De Papa
BA Stop Hostel
Rayuela Hostel Boutique
The Ritz by Hostel Inn
Enter dates to check prices
|Shared Rooms A shared room (typically a dorm) is a bedroom which you share with other people from the property. The number of beds in a room is shown in the room name, e.g. ‘5 Bed Dorm’, and you can book as many as you need. Some properties have male only dorms and female only dorms.|
4 Bed Dorm - Female only (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
4 Bed Dorm - Mixed (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
|Private Rooms A private room is a room that is not shared with other people from the property – in other words, you book and pay for all the beds in the room. If you are traveling alone, for example, but want to book a double room, you must pay for two people in order to book the whole room.|
Budget Double (Shared bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Double (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
Deluxe Family Room (Private bathroom)Continental breakfast included
About Portal del Sur
Portal del Sur is a great Hostel, located right in the city centre of Buenos Aires which means: it’s really easy to get around!
Portal del Sur Hostel is set in a XIX century building which has been carefully refurbished and decorated to keep the historical charm of its architecture. The 4 stories high building has a rooftop terrace with an incredible view of the city.
Our hostel is recognized as one of the most chosen hostels by travelers of all ages and nationalities. Portal del Sur also ranks high amongst the recommended hostels by Lonely Planet Guide, Time Out magazine and the Traveler’s Guru newspaper, amongst others.
Private rooms (single/double/triple) include: private bathroom, air conditioning, maid service, telephone, linen and towels, internet access and cable TV.
Shared rooms with or without private bathroom accommodate 4 to 6 people and include: Air conditioning, maid service, linen, telephone and individual lockers.
Portal del Sur Hostel will also help you expand your experience through:
Free Activities Every Day
- Free Tango Lessons.
- Free Spanish Lessons.
- Free Walking Tour guided by historians.
- Free Mate con Torta Fritas Meeting
- Free Movie Night
- Free Jam Session
Services (Included in the Rate):
- Computers available
- Free Internet Access
- Wi-Fi (all over the hostel)
- Buffet Continental Breakfast
- Maid service
- Luggage storage
- Tourist assistance
- 24 hs. Reception
Common areas/Meeting points:
• Dining-room. But not the average dining room at all! Cable TV, DVD player, couches, Tables where you could enjoy your meal as well as read, watch TV, plug your notebook and chat with friends, or just to meet other fellow travelers!
• Fully equipped Kitchen with microwave and fridge where you can cook your favorite food.
• Rooftop Terrace with Barbecue Grill. Give the typical Argentine barbecue a try while surrounded by an incredible view of Buenos Aires!
• Rooftop Bar. Pretty much as good as it gets: Great staff + tasty food + many options when it comes to drinks + pool table + ping pong table + activities + prizes + promotions + good music + new people to meet = best hostel bar ever. Check it yourself!
• Computer Room with Broadband Internet.
Buenos Aires all the way! We’ll help you get the most out of the city. Day and night. Sports, city tours, discos, tango, bike rental, car rental and many more of what this city has in store for you!
Then, get to know the whole country. South to North. We can help you plan, organize and book tickets, accommodation, excursions, and more at real budget-prices.