This competition is now closed
Congratulations to Stephen Devincenzi for the winning fantasy accessory…
My bike would be music-intelligent; creating it’s own theme tune to fit it’s surroundings. For example, if I were cycling through French countryside it would create some gentle piano and accordion harmonies; if I were in New Orleans it would serve up some deep-bass rhythm and blues; and if I was in the Reeperbahn it would play some dirty alternative underground industrial music. Oh, and if I was cycling past a group of girls it would slow down and play ‘Superstition’ by Stevie Wonder.
We love it!
A big shout out to our other favourite entries which gave us the giggles…
Alex says: Automatic breadcrumbs dispenser on the back wheel.
Lynne says: An ice cream van detector – it can be hot work pedalling!
Toryn says: I’d have a holographic projector so that white van men would think I was a hummer and give me some space (and respect) on the roads!
Caroline says: With a push of a button, a sign comes out stating a comment after an incident i.e. “Really?” “I’m here, too, ya know.” “Thanks for looking out.”
John says: a seat that hugs but doesn’t kiss
Kathryn says: Hamster wheels attached to each side. Stabiliser stylee….so my hamsters could accompany me on my travels. They’d love it!
Mel says: My bike would repeatedly say: “Keep pedaling and you will get skinny, stop pedaling and you will stay fat…..
Paramitha Sulistiaji Prabowo says: I want a mini dany de vito attached on my bike that keep talking and mocking people or whatever around me sarcasticly. That thing would keeps me laughing all the time while biking and give the ultimate joy ride every time I ride my bike.
Well done everyone and please have a giggle at some of the other entries we received in the comments below!
Calling all townies, tourers, beach bum cruisers and BMX tricksters! In our latest competition you could win €350 worth of Amazon vouchers* to put towards a bicycle and accessories of your choice!
How about a folding Brompton for the daily commute? Or being seen on a slick single speed? Alternatively, blow the whole lot on some beautifully crafted Brookes accessories. Whatever tickles your fancy, with €350 you can kit yourself out with some new wheels and top cycling gear. Look good, be safe, have fun…
How to enter
Go to the bottom of this blog and in the comments section, tell us…
Q. WHAT FANTASY ACCESSORY OR FEATURE WOULD YOUR BIKE HAVE?
The answer that makes us giggle, jaw drop, drool or go ‘OMG!’ will be the winner!
- Answers must be left in the comments section and be under 100 words
- Competition closes Wednesday 31st Aug 16:00GMT (17:00BST)
- *Terms and conditions apply
Like this? Related posts:
- On your bike! Cycling in Spain
- Cycle-friendly cities and hostels
- 3-day cycling tour in Tuscany
- On your bike! Cycling in Wales
- Bonkers! The weirdest bikes on the web
- Love cycling? Feed your adventure monkey…
Terms & Conditions
- This Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over
- This Competition is not open to employees of HB, their family members, HB’s agents, or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- The competition will run from 9.00 GMT Wednesday 17th August 2011 until 16.00 GMT Wednesday 31st August 2011.
- Participants enter the competition by commenting “What accessory or feature would your fantasy bike have?” on the competition blog post. The answer should be under 100 words.
- Any entries received or processed after the closing date will not be accepted. By entering the competition the participant agrees to participate in such promotional activity, including automatic subscription to our newsletter.
- No responsibility is taken for entries which are lost, delayed or misdirected, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Each participant will be required to provide full name and email address. E-mail addresses will not be published on the blog.
- The winner will be chosen by HostelBookers based on the most creative and interesting bike accessory.
- The winner will be announced via our blog and contacted by email on Thursday 1st of September 2011
- No cash or other alternative is available to the prizes.
- The prize must be taken by the prize winner and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
- If HostelBookers cannot contact the winner within fourteen days of the prize draw, HostelBookers reserves the right to conduct another prize draw to determine a new winner.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and those imposed by Amazon.
- HostelBookers reserve the right to refuse entry to participants.